“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Circa Restaurant - CLOSED

Circa Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
St. Louis, MO
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Came in here for dinner after visiting some if the distilleries. What a pleasant surprise! Caprese salad, Manhattan clam chowder, & short ribs were delicious as were the pork-filled beneigts! Highly recommend if you are in the area & hungry! Great service an added bonus!

Thompsons Station, TN
“Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visited Bardstown in late October. After a morning of walking the town and talking to the folks we stopped in for lunch at Circa.
The service and food were okay, I had the chicken salad with a side of potato salad and my husband had a burger. The potato salad was extremely saltly, not to my liking. The chicken salad was tasty. My husband really liked his burger. This restaurant is in an old home with a few tables in each room. Service was average.

• Visited October 2012
Cincinnati
“Excellent food but limited choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I ate at Circa this past Saturday night. It had been recommended to us by friends who were going to come with us but couldn't join us due to illness. It's in an old historic home that only has two rooms that I could see for dining. As another reviewer said you need reservations especially on a Saturday night. As soon as a party left, the table was cleared and another party soon appeared. The only thing that I didn't like was that the menu is very limited so you might want to look at it before hand to see if there is something you would like. There are 5 main dishes and one special the night we were there. There were 2 salads and 4 appetizers and 3 desserts. That's it! That being said, everything was very good. I had the short ribs lacquered in bourbon sauce that came with asparagus and root vegetable mash. The meat was so tender! My husband had osso buco which he loved. The key lime pie was good but it tasted like fake whipped cream on it instead of the real thing. We thought the price was very reasonable for a meal of this quality. If we are ever in Bardstown again, we would definitely return. I only could eat 2 of the 4 portions of ribs so my husband had them for dinner the next night. He said they were still delicious.

• Visited October 2012
“Delighted.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Circa was a fantastic restaurant, well priced and worth the visit. I liked two things 1) The service was excellent 2) the menu was creative, but maintained traditional Kentucky flavors. The setting is in downtown bardstown in an old house - elegant meal by what I believe is owned/operated by a husband wife team.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“High level food, like-family service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Bardstown while doing the Bourbon Trail. Read reviews here and had a recommendation from a friend to go to Circa. Decided to call ahead the day of and am glad I did -- it was perfect.

Restaurant is in an older building on the town square, which incidentally was named one of the USA's best small towns. Cool town square. Inside, there are three rooms total -- we were early and seated in a room with a large party finishing up their dinner. We sat on some couches and were served a cocktail while we waited by the waiter. They were clearly happy to have everyone there and working hard to provide very good, friendly service.

Right at about our reservation time, we were seated. It was a very comfortable room, completely refinished and comfortable. Only about 5-7 tables in the whole restaruant, but they used bigger chairs, so it actually didn't feel cramped.

Had an beignet appetizer and then split the southern caprese salad -- which was a great twist on the usual. Chef used a fried green tomato instead and a great garlic pesto mix. Had a glass of wine with dinner -- list wasn't extensive but did have plenty of good options by the glass.

Dinner was exceptional. No other way to describe it. I had the osso bucco, one of my favorite dishes, and it was superb. Had a nice rice/potato mix with it and sauteed brussel sprouts, which also were great. Didn't have room for dessert. Friend had the crab stuffed salmon and it was very good as well.

The service was right on -- all drinks filled/refilled appropriately and bread, etc. there at the right times. Knowlegable waiter and he was very engaging -- asked where we were from, etc. he genuinely wanted to be sure we were enjoying our trip and Bardstown.

I really want to go back again just to eat at Circa -- it was a perfect end to a day of bourbon tasting and horse racing.

1 Thank tyhalpin