“Good stop for dinner in the bourbon capital.”

The Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An elegant and unique restaurant located in the heart of historic Bardstown, Ky. We pride ourselves on our classic dishes with unique twists. We have an ever growing and expansive Bourbon collection, sold individually as well as in flights. We also have an extensive wine list, with something for everyone. For a memorable, and delectable meal and experience, please join us.
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of eating at the bar. The bartender was on his game, and when I was done, I felt as if I had been at a friends. Quick service, and a terrific steak, cooked as I ordered. My only issue was that they were out of cocktail bitters, and bread pudding, even though they were not busy. If the planner was as good as the cooks and bartender, this place would be perfect. I recommend.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Overall we had a great meal. The steaks were near perfect, and the scalloped potatoes were incredibly good. Service was good, but our waiter wasn't particularly knowledgeable about the menu or beer selections. In his defense, I think he was new.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

took forever to find it. Once we did they closed an hour early. All right if you want to have quick beer

Reviewed September 19, 2013

While visiting Bardstown my husband and I were told that we had to eat at The Rickhouse. Although the location isn't the easiest to find it is definitely worth the hassle. Everything from the appetizers to the steak was amazing. I wish I could have had dessert but with their large portions its almost impossible to save room for anything beyond the entrée. Our server was very busy but also very friendly. She somehow found the time to check on us often and maintain a friendly attitude even during a busy dinner rush. We will definitely be back to enjoy some of the best food Bardstown has to offer.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The owner of the Red Rose Inn B&B told me about this restaurant and I drove past the building several times. It looks like a 3-story school and the restaurant is in the basement. I saw a lot of cars so I parked and walked around, figuring there had to be a restaurant there somewhere. It was worth the effort. The bread was incredible -- the loaf was split & drizzled with butter. I could have eaten the whole loaf myself... and almost did. The salad was just a salad -- for $6, nothing special but good. For an entree I ordered the "Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes" ($16) which sound very European... but the waitress said it was a comfort food. It was... and it was very good. The crepes are served on a bed of shredded potatoes with a light cheese sauce over all. I've never had anything quite like it... almost reminded me of a chicken pot pie... except I don't like chicken pot pies and I liked this. The downside is that the whole dinner must have had well over 2,500 calories, but that was my fault for ordering it and eating so much bread. I'd do it again, too, if I lived in Bardstown. My waitress was very nice and a waiter saw I was interested in the architecture of the building so he pointed out many bourbon-esque antiques & memorabilia. The brick arches & old barrels make an interesting decor... and a delightful evening.