“Almost Gave Up Trying to Find It -- Glad I Didn't”

The Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: An elegant and unique restaurant located in the heart of historic Bardstown, Ky. We pride ourselves on our classic dishes with unique twists. We have an ever growing and expansive Bourbon collection, sold individually as well as in flights. We also have an extensive wine list, with something for everyone. For a memorable, and delectable meal and experience, please join us.
Fairfield, Ohio
“Almost Gave Up Trying to Find It -- Glad I Didn't”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The owner of the Red Rose Inn B&B told me about this restaurant and I drove past the building several times. It looks like a 3-story school and the restaurant is in the basement. I saw a lot of cars so I parked and walked around, figuring there had to be a restaurant there somewhere. It was worth the effort. The bread was incredible -- the loaf was split & drizzled with butter. I could have eaten the whole loaf myself... and almost did. The salad was just a salad -- for $6, nothing special but good. For an entree I ordered the "Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes" ($16) which sound very European... but the waitress said it was a comfort food. It was... and it was very good. The crepes are served on a bed of shredded potatoes with a light cheese sauce over all. I've never had anything quite like it... almost reminded me of a chicken pot pie... except I don't like chicken pot pies and I liked this. The downside is that the whole dinner must have had well over 2,500 calories, but that was my fault for ordering it and eating so much bread. I'd do it again, too, if I lived in Bardstown. My waitress was very nice and a waiter saw I was interested in the architecture of the building so he pointed out many bourbon-esque antiques & memorabilia. The brick arches & old barrels make an interesting decor... and a delightful evening.

• Visited August 2013

Rochester, New York
“Unremarkable dining experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading some of the Tripadvisor reviews, my husband and I decided to stop for a casual dinner at The Rickhouse Restaurant after a day of sightseeing. We were seated in the bar area, as we decided to order from the bar menu. We were served promptly and our BBQ pork sandwiches tasted fairly good but the total experience was unremarkable.

The restaurant was difficult to find and the signage was almost nonexistent. There was no outside seating, the patio was in extremely poor repair and there was no landscaping to make the restaurant seem more appealing to the eye.

• Visited August 2013
Berea, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the Search”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere and decor. My husband's filet was perfect! My sirloin, good flavor, but very tough. The sides were excellent!
The restaurant is hard to locate eve with GPS! It's in the basement of the building, but worth the search!

Visited July 2013
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is a great place for a special dinner. Be aware, this is a pricier establishment than some others but the atmosphere is great and the food superb! The barrel cut filet is absolutely delicious, so tender and full of flavor. add some fantastic side dishes such as sweet potato casserole and 11 cheese mac and cheese and you are set. Treat yourself to something good and stop at The Rickhouse.

• Visited June 2013
finleychmom
“Great food, interesting people”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We again tried a restaurant suggested by the B and B. It was tremendous. We started with bruschetta and it was good, a bit heavy with the cheese, then a salad, excellent and finally the meal. I had a 6 oz fillet and it was cooked exactly as I ordered, but the sides, brussel sprouts and asparagus were outstanding. I could have made a meal from the vegtables...Yum. Then my husband and I had to share a bread pudding , very good. Please remove items deleted from the menu off our offering..
Gladly go again.