“Wonderful dinner”

The Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: An elegant and unique restaurant located in the heart of historic Bardstown, Ky. We pride ourselves on our classic dishes with unique twists. We have an ever growing and expansive Bourbon collection, sold individually as well as in flights. We also have an extensive wine list, with something for everyone. For a memorable, and delectable meal and experience, please join us.
Southern Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We very much enjoyed our dinner at The Rickhouse. We amde reservations only a few hours before and they were able to accomodate us. The food was delicious, well prepared and plated. The shrimp and grits appetizer was wonderful. The King Crab Cakes and Barrel Cut Fillet were equally good. The decor is creative with barrel staves used in the booths restaurant in the and coils from the stills on te tables in the bar area. The restaurant is located in the basement of the Spalding Building where the whiskey museum is located.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ld4ivy

Ohio
“Good Steak”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We ate at Rickhouse in August and had a great meal. The steaks were reasonably priced and very good. Their side dishes are full on cheese and very rich but taste great. We stayed and listened to some great karaoke and watched the Olympics. Rickhouse if hard to find so get good directions.

Visited August 2012
Independence
“Excellent restaurant!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

So glad we ate here. Steaks were cooked perfectly, Mac & cheese was delicious. The atmosphere is friendly, decorated beautifully, incorporating a lot of the "bourbon feel" from the area. Agree that an additional sign or two would have helped finding it, but it was definately worth the effort. One of the best restaurants we've eaten at in a long time!

• Visited August 2012
KY
“Still talking about our meal!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I made the two hour trip to Bardstown to celebrate our anniversary. We went to the Rickhouse for dinner the first night. I had the bourbon glazed chicken with brussel sprouts and mac-n-cheese. Let me just say that the mac and cheese, made with 11cheeses , was absolutely the best I have ever tasted! The brussel sprouts were fixed with apples and cranberries....yummy! The half chicken was also great but I would have preferred not messing with all the bones. My husband got the cordon-bleu crepes and he just moaned in delight. Lol!

My only suggestion would be more signage out front. It was a little easy to miss the first time. Don't miss this delight!

• Visited July 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fine Dining at it's finest”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I"ve worked in restaurants, consider myself a "foodie" and think I know a good time when I see one, and this place is amazing. A jem in a small community! We had the chicken crepes (14) and the grilled cesaer salad, and bread pudding! We shared a meal, ate it all and it was the best bread pudding I've ever had in my life! We will be returning. And making the trips to bardstown just for this place!

• Visited June 2012