“Beautiful grounds”

My Old Kentucky Home
More attraction details
Owner description: My Old Kentucky Home is one of the most famous songs to have ever been written, but it is also the name of a hallowed and beautiful Kentucky farm with many rich layers of history waiting to be explored and experienced. My Old Kentucky Home is a marvel of elegance and charm, as architecturally magnificent today as it was more than two centuries ago. Your guided house by our costumed guides spans two floors of the mansion, originally named "Federal Hill." On select days, our talented guides will sing the song, "My Old Kentucky Home," for tour guests. See 170 year old antique artifacts including paintings, high-style furniture, lavish period decor, and the carefully curated interiors of Kentucky's most famous landmark.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just try not to take pictures. the grounds and buildings are beautiful. caught myself singing Stephen Fosters songs to the music playing throughout the park

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went to the home. Only paid 3.00 but if I would have paid more it would have been too much. The women down stairs was informative and nice. The One upstairs need something to help her give a presentation. The gift shop lady wasn't friendly either. You are not allowed to take pictures.

2  Thank Kathy F
Reviewed September 10, 2013

while the house is beautiful, the tour is rather pointless. i was more amused walking around the premises on my own. the grounds are gorgeous and huge. there is a golf course across the way and an amphitheater right there as well. stephen foster the musical is great.

1  Thank yayitsyatesie
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We toured My Old Kentucky Home and I would not recommend it. The house did not have nearly as many original features as I would hope, or expect on a tour we cannot take pictures of. Our guide was horrible. She clearly had a script that she had memorized and could not share information beyond what had been written. The tour of the whole house and its history only took half an hour. Overall, this was a very disappointing experience and not worth the $7 entrance fee.

1  Thank MsK3
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoyed a very nice weekend at My Old Kentucky Home state Park Campground. It is very close to downtown Bardstown attractions. Just down the road are two bourbon distilleries (Heaven Hill and Willett ). The staff is very friendly. Clean bathhouse and campsites. The outlining sites are larger and looked to be more level. The sites are not private (you can't hide from your neighbor), but the grounds are filled with large trees. The campground is nestled in a golf course. The clubhouse is adjacent to the campground entrance. We are not golfers, but it did not take away from our stay. On occasion we would hear the "crack" of a ball being hit.

2  Thank akhollis