“Excellent”

My Old Kentucky Home
More attraction details
Owner description: My Old Kentucky Home is one of the most famous songs to have ever been written, but it is also the name of a hallowed and beautiful Kentucky farm with many rich layers of history waiting to be explored and experienced. My Old Kentucky Home is a marvel of elegance and charm, as architecturally magnificent today as it was more than two centuries ago. Your guided house by our costumed guides spans two floors of the mansion, originally named "Federal Hill." On select days, our talented guides will sing the song, "My Old Kentucky Home," for tour guests. See 170 year old antique artifacts including paintings, high-style furniture, lavish period decor, and the carefully curated interiors of Kentucky's most famous landmark.
Bardstown, Kentucky, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wonderful enjoy. Explore bring your camera bring your friends have a picnic a nice stroll with great views

Visited September 2012

nanticoke,pa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Place to visit”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My son lives in Louisville and every summer my husband and I visit "My Old Kentucky Home" State Park. We always go to see "The Stephen Foster Musical" which is performed in an outdoor amphitheater there. This show is good decent family-friendly entertainment with Broadway style sets and costumes. We really enjoy it. You can also visit the home where Stephen Foster wrote the song, "My Old Kentucky Home". This house is an attractive ante-bellum mansion with informative tour guides. They also present another show which is different every year - one year it was "Annie''. We look forward to going here every summer.

Visited August 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“History and Music”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A great family gathering place, an hours drive from Louisville. I can imagine Steven Foster walking the grounds gathering inspiration for is famous song and entertaining in the home. We attended an evening outdoor wedding there that was simply beautiful.

Visited May 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Area History”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I like to visit historical homes and villages. It is worth going to visit this home if you are in the area. It is a nice compliment to other activities in the area. The home is very nice and it was nice to walk though the grounds. The stephen Foster connection was interesting. Maybe they whould make a film before visiting the house an you can get more out of your visit. There was only a brief meantion of the people Stephen Foster observed which inspired his music. We were told he did observe the slaves but in what way? What did he observe his family who lived there? We are not from Kentucky so we know nothing

Visited June 2013
Kentucky
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice home with good history of information. Sparks more interest in the family and Stephen Foster. Go early and allow time to walk the grounds.

Visited July 2013