“Area History” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Old Kentucky Home

My Old Kentucky Home
More attraction details
Owner description: My Old Kentucky Home is one of the most famous songs to have ever been written, but it is also the name of a hallowed and beautiful Kentucky farm with many rich layers of history waiting to be explored and experienced. My Old Kentucky Home is a marvel of elegance and charm, as architecturally magnificent today as it was more than two centuries ago. Your guided house by our costumed guides spans two floors of the mansion, originally named "Federal Hill." On select days, our talented guides will sing the song, "My Old Kentucky Home," for tour guests. See 170 year old antique artifacts including paintings, high-style furniture, lavish period decor, and the carefully curated interiors of Kentucky's most famous landmark.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Area History”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I like to visit historical homes and villages. It is worth going to visit this home if you are in the area. It is a nice compliment to other activities in the area. The home is very nice and it was nice to walk though the grounds. The stephen Foster connection was interesting. Maybe they whould make a film before visiting the house an you can get more out of your visit. There was only a brief meantion of the people Stephen Foster observed which inspired his music. We were told he did observe the slaves but in what way? What did he observe his family who lived there? We are not from Kentucky so we know nothing

Visited June 2013

Kentucky
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice home with good history of information. Sparks more interest in the family and Stephen Foster. Go early and allow time to walk the grounds.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Just an "ok" tour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The tour did not meet our expectations......probably had more to do with the tour guides than the facility. We may try again another day, but not soon. Was not worth the money.

Advance, North Carolina
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“A must see in Bardstown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The typical old Southern mansion and certainly the inspiration for My Old Kentucky Home. Did not realize Stephen Foster did so much.

1 Thank JohnReff
Tipp City, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice place a little pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice house to visit. The tour went over a lot more about the family and didn't touch on a lot of events or things that might have taken place there. The signs outside made it sound like it was the center for politics, but that was not mentioned in the tour much. I think it was a bit pricey at $7 for adults.

1 Thank Amanda B