“Want a great feel of the Southern Life?”

My Old Kentucky Home
More attraction details
Owner description: My Old Kentucky Home is one of the most famous songs to have ever been written, but it is also the name of a hallowed and beautiful Kentucky farm with many rich layers of history waiting to be explored and experienced. My Old Kentucky Home is a marvel of elegance and charm, as architecturally magnificent today as it was more than two centuries ago. Your guided house by our costumed guides spans two floors of the mansion, originally named "Federal Hill." On select days, our talented guides will sing the song, "My Old Kentucky Home," for tour guests. See 170 year old antique artifacts including paintings, high-style furniture, lavish period decor, and the carefully curated interiors of Kentucky's most famous landmark.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place is awesome with great antiques and gives a great feeling for the time period of Stephen Foster's life. This is a must for anyone visiting the area. The home and grounds are supurbely preserved!

1  Thank Kathleen L

Reviewed November 8, 2012

They have done a wonderful joy renovating this homestead. The house and grounds are lovely. My grandson had his wedding there this summer. Everyone is talking about the beautiful setting. We were so proud that we could have such accommodations.

1  Thank jwilson39252
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Decided to do a quick detour from the Bourbon Trail in Bardstown, KY to just take an exterior picture of this home. Since seniors are only $5.00 for the tour, we all decided to go inside and tour it. Very interesting home. Lots of wonderful antiques and decorated as it would have been in those times. Well informed tour guides in period clothing. All 8 in our tour were happy we spent the time to see it.

1  Thank joyjim
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We got a nice look at the house and were given quite a bit of information but would have liked to have a little more. When asked it was found out that the quides knew more than they told us.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice historical walk hrough of the home where My Old Kentucky home was written.The staff was knowledgable and very nice.My wife and I were given a private tour of the home,and a self guided tour of the beautiful grounds surrounding the home.My wife had been to Bardstown twice previously and both times missed My old Kentucky home.The third time was definately the charm,because we were able to share this awesome places history together.

Been to My Old Kentucky Home? Share your experiences!