“Nice House” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Old Kentucky Home

My Old Kentucky Home
More attraction details
Owner description: My Old Kentucky Home is one of the most famous songs to have ever been written, but it is also the name of a hallowed and beautiful Kentucky farm with many rich layers of history waiting to be explored and experienced. My Old Kentucky Home is a marvel of elegance and charm, as architecturally magnificent today as it was more than two centuries ago. Your guided house by our costumed guides spans two floors of the mansion, originally named "Federal Hill." On select days, our talented guides will sing the song, "My Old Kentucky Home," for tour guests. See 170 year old antique artifacts including paintings, high-style furniture, lavish period decor, and the carefully curated interiors of Kentucky's most famous landmark.
Minster, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We got a nice look at the house and were given quite a bit of information but would have liked to have a little more. When asked it was found out that the quides knew more than they told us.

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Awesome historical home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice historical walk hrough of the home where My Old Kentucky home was written.The staff was knowledgable and very nice.My wife and I were given a private tour of the home,and a self guided tour of the beautiful grounds surrounding the home.My wife had been to Bardstown twice previously and both times missed My old Kentucky home.The third time was definately the charm,because we were able to share this awesome places history together.

Slaughters, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful Grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I enjoyed the grounds more than Federal Hill mansion, but the history of the house itself was very interesting.

Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Pretty house and grounds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Beautiful home. Tour guides were informative. You can't take pictures inside. Draperies, carpets, wallpaper, etc. were all reproductions, so I don't think fading due to flashes was the reason. Did they just want us to buy the postcards?

Coxs Creek
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Excellent history information. The decor of the mansion takes one back in time. The tour guides give accurate information and are well informed on the history. Love the guides in their costumes of the appropriate time period. The grounds are wonderfully maintained and beautiful.