“Would not recommend.”

Bourbon City Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The wine was the worst I have ever had. The salad was warm and prime rib was not the best. The server was great.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

A cousin in Bardstown took a few of us to this restaurant and I was so impressed. I have been back a few times since and the food is consistently good and the portions are EXTREMELY GENEROUS. I noticed on one of my visits that they had a party room so when my Mom's birthday rolled around I suggested that we have it there. I called and reserved the private dining room and about twenty family members showed up, a few with small children. The service was great and the food was once again excellent even though they were serving a large group. Everyone in my family was impressed and they all agreed that they wanted to use this place again for any family functions that we may have. This is the first time that five of us siblings agreed on a restaurant!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

On the way back to Indianapolis from Nashville we decided to make a stop on the Bourbon Trail. After a nice afternoon at Makers Mark, we started the drive home. We decided to try and find a local restaurant to have dinner before we made it to the interstate. After looking over local reviews, we decided to try the Bourbon City Bistro.

When pulling up to the restaurant we were a little skeptical. It's tucked off the road in a nondescript building. We went inside and were promptly seated. I was still a little skeptical since we were seated in a broken booth, however my fears were not warranted. The waitress was very friendly and helpful when trying to narrow down selections on the menu. We decided to try the mussels for an appetizer. When they arrived at the table, it was a huge order. The menu stated that it was big enough for two, but it could defiantly be split between more. These were very good and the cream sauce they were served in was very flavorful.

For our main dishes, we ordered the chicken Alfredo and the smothered country chicken. The Alfredo was full of flavor and very creamy. Although, I would recommend the chicken to anyone dining at this restaurant. It was the best I have had in a very long time. The chicken breast was lightly fried and stuffed with cheese. There was a cream sauce mixed with bacon to top it off. I am sure this was not a healthy meal, but for an occasional treat, it is well worth it!!

The dessert menu looked very good, however we were both too full to attempt one. If you are in the area, you have to try this bistro!!

1  Thank phimugrls
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for something different than your typical restaurants. We decided to try this restaurant and my husband two daughters 8 & 11 were all pleased. The waitress was excellent and conversed very well with our girls. We all had a different type of burger. They were cooked to order and full of flavor. We definitely stop here the next time we are in Bardstown.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had dinner here one evening at the start of our Kentucky tour. The menu is more unique and "upscale" than we found in the other restaurants in Bardstown. They have several unique bourbon cocktails to try. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The food itself was just ok, nothing really great or really bad to say about it.