“Good food, good service”
Review of Bourbon City Bistro - CLOSED

Bourbon City Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Don Pedro Island, Florida
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This is ones of the few restaurants open on Sunday night and we weren't interested in fast food or a chain. It's a little hard to find but well worth the search. I had the house special pork chop with bourbon glaze. It was moist and tender and the glaze was excellent. My husband had the beef medallions and a house salad with the "works" on it. For a final touch, we shared a fabulous brownie topped with ice cream. Would definitely recommend.

1 Thank DonPedroTraveler

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Supper”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Wonderful atmosphere and great food. Our waiter was very pleasant but not pushy. Did bourbon tasting with owner- excellent! Worth going to on your trip to Bardstown.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank BRbeachers
Greensburg, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First visit”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My brother, sister and myself and our spouses ate lunch there Dec.15, and it was a very pleasant dining experience. The food and service was excellent. We especially enjoyed visiting and joking with Rob. We will certainly be back again soon. Bobby Watson

1 Thank bobby watson W
Hodgenville, Kentucky
“Not consistantly great”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I ate in their last night with my Adult Son, Nephew and his 3 year old. The service, as usual (9 times out of 10) was exceptional...
The 2 who ordered Hot Brown said it was the best ever...I ordered a steak & it was maybe the worst I ever ate at a Restaurant. It was anemic looking--almost white, not near cooked to the Medium Rare I ordered, & was 30% (at least) fat. It was tender though. The salad, rolls, red potatoes & Mozzarella sticks were all very good.
Seasoning on the potatoes & steak seems to go downhill on every visit. The first steak I had there was the best ever (several months ago). Then the red potatoes had just the right seasoning (Mrs. Dash?). But yesterday's steak & red potatoes seemed to have no seasoning...
The owner is a nice Gentleman who chats warmly with guests. But this is my 2nd consecutive visit where one of the steaks was 30% or more fat. Not sure if I'll go back--if I do I won't order a steak. We used to brag that they had the best steaks in town...

1 Thank chrisnaz
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Christmas lunch”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great experience. Food, service, and atmosphere was very good. The owner was very gracious and accommodating. Lots of fun!! Thank you. RosAnna Watson

1 Thank Rosanna W