“Good Barbecue”

Description: New breakfast place in town
Clinton, Washington
“Good Barbecue”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband ordered a half-rack of ribs and I had a third-rack. The meat fell off the bone and was good. Wasn't over the top because the barbecue sauce was just so-so. Slaw was good but a little too much liquid on my plate. Green beans were again so-so. I had heard that the lady waiting on us had made an apple pie and another couple came in saying they wanted some of that apple pie. So I ordered a piece. The piece was small and when I flipped back the crust to look at it, there were only these three tiny (and I mean bits) slivers of apples. I don't know how much it cost, but what a waste. If you are gonna offer something, do it right--don't just pretend! Our bill was 27.45 w/o tip.

• Visited November 2011

“Kentucky BBQ at its best!”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were traveling through and found the reviews for Down Home Bar-B-Q. There is nothing bad to say about the place. Ribs fell off the bone, brisket melted in your mouth, pan fried potatoes taste like home and great mac and cheese! Owners came and spoke with us. Just a great little BBQ place!

1 Thank geauxgigi
Vermont
“GREAT BBQ! Best in Bardstown!”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stopped in for dinner at the Downhome BBQ. The BBQ ribs fell off the bone...(literally)
Nice smoky flavor and lots of food. Even as full as we were, I had to have desert...chocolate cake, wife had the carrot cake....both were very moist and awsome flavor. They were definitely homemade. Prices are downright cheap compared to most places in the area. Waitress and staff very friendly...

• Visited April 2011
Kentucky
“Downhome BBQ is a true small town value for money place to eat!”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Being Bardstown is a small town, there are several nice and good place to eat in town. I happen to really like Downhome BBQ in large part that the owners are always onsite and friendly, the price of food is great, and the value is amazing. Downhome is located on Bloomfield Road just off of the Highway 245, and is well worth locals and tourist coming out for a good meal. For breakfast, one can get 2 eggs (any way you like them), hashbrowns or friend potatoes, meat choice, and either toast or biscuit and gravy for $3.99! Lunch is equally a good value. I eat here often, and really enjoy the place and people.

• Visited March 2011