“This Colonel is better than finger licking Good!”
Review of Chapeze House

Chapeze House
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Wine and Beer
Muskegon, Michigan
“This Colonel is better than finger licking Good!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great time with the Colonel and his wife. The Colonel gave us a lot of info on all the bourbons he offered in his various flights. I ordered off the $30 flight selections and enjoyed tasting bourbons I can't find in my state like Old Pogue. Dinner was excellent and the cornbread was to die for. Everything was homemade and the ambiance of the historic property added to the experience. Make sure you make a reservation in advance.

1 Thank WIlliam E

Van Buren, Arkansas
“A great experience all around”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A wonderful experience that i would recommend to anyone. Make your reservations ahead of time. I'm not sure if its the place you would want to take your children unless they are well behaved, just out of courtesy to other diners; but i know they would be welcome. My buddy and i came here to meet the colonel and test his bourbon flights, the bourbons did not disappoint as i came out of there with a new 2nd and 3rd favorite. After our bourbon experience, the colonel offered cocktails of which he can make a great old fashioned, but for the mint juleps he has mint growing right there on his bar. His bourbon selection puts most liquor stores to shame. His wife was super busy cooking dinner, but did make an appearance and talked with us about the B-ball game on tv. You get to meet and greet the other diners and the bourbons help in conversation, everyone was great. The dinner had the biggest pork chop i've ever had, green beans, apple slices and scalloped potatoes, fresh made coleslaw; and holy cow a bourbon cherry crumble with homemade whip cream. SON! I only wish we had more time for more bourbon and visiting; and it hadnt been snowing so we could enjoy a cigar on the veranda. 3/2/13

Peoria, IL
“A fun evening with the Colonel and Margaret Sue”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a wonderful evening and dinner here. It is one entree, no choice, but the food was good and very HOT! There were ten of us present and we did not feel rushed. We knew ahead of time that our Manhattans would be $13 each, so that was the only drink we had. Our two dinners and drinks were $90, so be prepared. We wanted to experience the Kentucky hospitality of the Colonel and Margaret Sue. Margaret Sue shared a lot of history of the building and told us about Henry "the ghost". We walked here from the Pioneer Park Cottage which is part of the Colonel's Inns. We are so happy we chose to visit here for our Bourbon Tour...it was very memorable...would love to do a repeat visit!

Visited March 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Intimate and Unique Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited the Chapeze house on 3/2/13 for a bourbon tasting and dinner and were not let down. I greatly enjoyed the Capezetini (Orange Juice, Bourbon, and gingerale) and my boyfriend chose the Colonel's pick Bourbon Flight. The dinner was delicious, bourbon infused with almost everything! Everyone was really nice and accommodating. If you want to try a different dining experience or just want to celebrate a special occasion then this is the right place! As we were leaving, we overheard a bit of conversation about Henry, a little ghost boy that resides at the house. I wish we'd heard more or gotten a visit from him! Next time I go there, I will be sure to ask about him.

Cleveland, Ohio
“A Once in a Lifetime Experience.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had the good fortune of enjoying the company of the Colonel and his wife by ourselves, recently. I had booked an evening at the recommendations of several more experienced bourbon drinkers, not quIte sure what to expect. I was also a bit worried, as I was traveling with family. My family doesn't enjoy bourbon nearly as much as I do. That was easily solved by some excellent bourbon cocktails, including the Chapezatini (sp?). As for me, the bourbon was outstanding. I chose the Colonel's Pick. Each bourbon was unique and enjoyable, providing an education for my palate. During the tasting the we were entertained by the Colonel's vast knowledge of the history and lore of the area. And this was all prior to dinner. The dinner was outstanding. Everything was homemade and prepared freshly. The vegetarian option was also well received. Highlights included the corn bread and the desert. The chocolate sauce, on the desert, can only be described as decadent. I recently moved away from New York City, where the restaurants may be some of the best in the country. Everything I saw, tasted and experienced at the Chapeze House was on par, if not exceeding, much of what I experienced at some of the finest restaurants in NYC. The Chapeze House is an amazing and unforgettable place. Colonel Mike and Maraget Sue are living treasures. This is an experience that should not missed. I shall be visiting them every time I find myself in the Bardstown area.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Chapeze House? Share your experiences!