“Neat Tour, with lots of History”

Bardstown Ghost Trek
Ranked #15 of 32 things to do in Bardstown
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been on many ghosts tours and this one was similar to the ones I have been on. She has a lot of stories and gives the history along with it, so that was neat. We went into the Talbott Tavern and there was a door that kept opening but when you think about it, the door didnt latch and its a old building and it is kinda on a down hill floor so it opening really didnt do it for me, now if it would have latched and then opened that would be a different story. I did catch a few "orbs" but there was soo many people and the flashes so I cant be sure about those either.

The only tip I wish she would consider is to limit the people, I bet there was 30 people on this tour and kids too, so trying to get a photo without any other people in them or flashes was impossible, which kinda defeats the purpose. I think a smaller group would make a better experience for the tourist. She makes a killing(money) off this but the experience is lacking....too many people to talk over and move around.

But it was a nice way to spend the evening!

1  Thank CMOTO

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Did the ghost tour while in Bardstown, Patti is very enthusiastic and informative about what she does. We went to multiple locations and got good activity at all of them. She tells alot of good historic stories on the tour as well. We got pictures of orbs, some people got apparitions in their pictures and got some EVPs of a ghost claiming to be Jesse James at The Old Talbott Tavern. Very interesting and would love to do it again.

1  Thank kbruske
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Patty was great. She gave an excellent tour and knows her stuff. Lots of evidence that there were spirits about. Doors opening on their own in the Talbott Inn, photos of orbs in the cemetery. She's a believer and now we are.

1  Thank VacationRN19
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I'm not really a ghost hunter, more of a skeptic, but the Ghost Trek was good. The host is very energetic and funny, and I'm sure she is a true believer. I enjoyed the stories and history more than anything else.

1  Thank Zukiguy
See more reviews
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I've been to the Scarefest in Lexington which Patti Starr and her husband created (along with Jeff Waldridge) and loved Patti's seminar there. Since then I wanted to take her Bardstown Ghost Trek.

She started her trek with some history of the area, which was interesting to find out there are so many caverns right under Bardstown. She went on to tell of how long she has been a paranormal investigator and her feelings and theories on the subject. She doesn't say she has any proof, only evidence of the paranormal. Patti was energetic, kind, and fun during the entire tour. I liked the fact that she got the crowd involved in some of the investigating, and actually used some of her equipment during the tour.

While in the Talbot Tavern upstairs, the lights did turn out on us and the door to the left opened on its own several times. One of our group and a decent skeptic was right beside the door as it kept opening. He closed it himself a couple of times and we got to ask him what he thought about the door doing that. He said it did latch, but maybe not real tight and could possibly open on its own, but still, he said he made sure it latched. We all took pictures to try and capture "orbs" which Patti feels is spirit energy. I captured some in the pictures I took, but I'm not completely sold on 'orbs are spirits'. But it was interesting that these 'orbs' showed up in a picture after Patti asked them to show in a certain spot, but were not there in previous or post pictures.

I was a little disappointed that we did not get to go into the Chapeze house or inside the Jailer's Inn, but I do realize that is beyond Patti's control. Expect to do a little walking and standing when going to the Chapeze house and the Jailer's Inn since Patti gathers the tour group around her to tell the stories of the hauntings at those places and her investigations of them. At the end of the tour we got to go to the Pioneer cemetery where Pattie did EVP (electronic voice phenomenon) right there on the spot and immediately played it back for us to see if anything responded. There were for us that night. It gave me goosebumps hearing the cracked voice of something responding to her questions.

It was worth the $15 dollars to go on the two hour trek. It was fun and interesting. This trek includes a bit of history of the area, the famous people that came to Bardstown, and the remnants of things that still may be around. I do believe in the paranormal but still have a healthy dose of skepticism. Saying that I think those that aren't believers but are curious will enjoy taking this trek too.

4  Thank TravelinMaggieJ