All reviews would stay again flat screen tv beds were very comfortable internet furniture towels mattress microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Nice place to stay, very clean. The hotel allows pets at an extra charge. Was close the 1792 distillery, no charge for the tour. Was not to close to the road and able to walk to downtown, but is a bit of a distance.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2018

This isn't where I intended to stay, but we were making up our itinerary as we went, and because we only decided to stay in Bardstown a couple of days before we got there, my first choice was fully booked. We needed two rooms for three nights, this place had them, and it was inexpensive. What could go wrong?

Those are famous last words. There's really no limit to what could go wrong. In this case, nothing did; it all went right. I knew from the pictures that the furnishings were retro ("old," my son would say) and this wasn't a modern facility. But the rooms were clean, cozy, and my daughter immediately fell in love with the plaid bed coverings, which she decreed "soft and cozy." There was no breakfast included, but at the price, I wouldn't have expected any. There was no pool and no hot tub. But there was a swinging bench and chairs on the front lawn, we were an easy walk to the city center, and most important to my son, there was internet. The bathrooms were clean and in good repair.

I'm tempted to give it only four stars; the young man working the front desk, while very efficient, seemed inexplicably annoyed. We stayed two nights, and his annoyance never seemed to lift. But he was polite, and he had us supplied with extra towels when we asked, and for all I know, he had four flat tires on his car the day we checked in, so I won't hold his annoyance against him. And I really did like the place. I'd stay there again.

I wouldn't eat breakfast at the buffet across the street, though. It was overpriced and not very good. If I remembered its name, I'd review it separately, but I'll just warn you here: Don't eat there if you want good food at a good price.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

This motel was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was efficient and friendly. The room was immaculate and appeared to have been renovated recently. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. Towels were of good quality and the bathroom was well stocked.
There is a convenience store right across the street and nice restaurants are within walking distance. I strongly recommend staying here if you are in Bardstown.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

This is a gem of a hotel. Rooms are updated. Exceptionally clean. Refrig and microwave. Close to everything. Everything was lovely. Very quiet and taken care of.my biggest pet peeves are bathrooms, but this was updated, sparkling clean and very appealing. I have been to Bardstown many times and stayed elsewhere. But I will definitely stay here again. Cheapest price in town.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is an older motel, but my room had new furniture and carpet. It was very cozy and clean, and the staff were all attentive and kind. The bed and seating was very comfortable. We had two rooms booked, and there was no problem checking in or out.

The room was cleaned daily, and very well, however, the trash was not taken out. The only suggestion I would have would be to look into providing new towels and washcloths that are larger and plush.

This motel is in a very good location, near attractions and food. We really enjoyed our stay, and I would recommend Old Kentucky Home Motel.

Date of stay: June 2018