“Great for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mammy's Kitchen

Mammy's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Bardstown
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! Full bar w/ over 140 Bourbons & 50+ beer! KY PROUD!! Bar open late with Live Music!! Wednesday-Saturday. Patio dining! Family Owned.Family Operated Thanks for dining with us!
Charleston, WV
“Great for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

This is a crowded place for a reason. Atmosphere is very fun. Food is very good. The baby browbis justrightfor lunch.

Bedford, Indiana
“Great food! Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

It reminds me of a 50’s diner without all the phony (checkerboard and chrome) decorations. We arrived around 1:00 on Sunday afternoon (tourist plus after church crowd) and the place was packed with 10+ people waiting. All of the waitresses were VERY friendly and were hopping around from table to table. Great food and great service. I had the Country Fried Steak and it was delish! We will be back!

• Visited July 2012
Morganfield, Kentucky
“Fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Good home cooking, neat atmosphere. Enjoyed our meal. will return

Visited August 2011
Coxs Creek
“Move over Cracker Barrell, Mammy's is the in place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you are looking for good, down home cooking with a glass of sweat tea, this is the place for you. Lots to choose from, great prices and a wonderful wait staff. It's a very comfortable place where you can sit a spell and catch up on local happenings. We have been here several times for lunch and dinner and have loved every minute of it. But I hear the breakfast is to die for. Be sure to bring your tummy on empty as it will be plum full when you leave.

NOTE: A few reviews down it talks about a recent fire and being closed, this is not 100% accurate. Yes there was a fire in the business next door which in turn did cause it to be closed for a short time. However they are back open for business. See ya'll there!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Gina1269
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Run, unless you like long wait, cold food, and poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

It took forever for anyone to come over and greet us. Then after we placed our order we got our drinks, but never a refill, even when we asked. It took over 45 minutes to get our food and when we did, my french toast was cold, my daughter's pancakes were barely warm, and my husband's eggs and steak were room temperature. When my husband flagged down the waitress to ask for our check she asked if we enjoyed our meal, and we told her how things came to us. Her reply was we have been busy. My daughter and I could not eat ours, so we took a go box. We had to go to the check out girl to get our bill, it never came to the table. She asked how our food was and we told her and she blamed us for not telling anyone. I told her we could not even get our drinks refilled muchless our food corrected and we did indeed tell our waitress. If this is Bardstown #2 restaurant, I definitely do not want to eat in Bardstown again. Also I observed them using the same rag to clean at least 6 tables, each time the rag was laid on the bar counter afterwards, no sanitizing in between. ugggg.

• Visited July 2012