“If it's a little paranormal your looking for this is it!”

Jailer's Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Bardstown B&B and Inns
New Albany, Indiana
“If it's a little paranormal your looking for this is it!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

It's my second stay because I loved my first so much. Room clean an comfortable. Breakfast served to all occupants was as delicious as last time.
Service: very accomodating. Water provided for my evening tea. The tea selection was amazing.
Ms. Dixie over cooked our evening cookies this time. But she made up for it by treating my two 14 year old traveling companions like her own grand kids. The girls adored her.
Mr. Paul, showed us the cellar/under ground cells this time an gave us some rich history.
My paranormal investigation of the cells was "fruitful". (if your in to this kind of thing, this place is a must- and once isn't enough)
See you next year jailers inn.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank LauraSchook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vine Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It was our 45th. anniversary and I was really looking fordward to staying here, ghost and all, but was disappointed in the cleanliness of the rooms.I had the feeling the sheets weren't clean and the floors were awful. The white curtains in our room were gray with dirt. Our jacuzzi was old and cracked and still had hair in it from someone else !! Dixie was wonderful and I feel bad giving a bad review but it is what it is. I did hear clothes hangers rattling in the closet and the quaintness of it was great but I like a clean place to lay my head and floors to walk upon. If I had it to do over I would take the five dollar tour and save on the over night stay! With all the exposure this place gets it should be spotless.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 313grace
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The one night I stayed there it was so quiet (as in sound deprivation) that I began to feel claustrophobic and had to go sit outside on the porch to get some air. I've never had that experience...even in an MRI machine! It think that because it is a quirky little old jail that the walls are incredibly thick

Room Tip: I stayed in the front room nearest the road...I can't imagine the old jail cell!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Christine S
Silvis, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there one night before heading out of town and going back home. My husband and I were the only ones there and were hoping for some ghost activity but got nothing but a good nights sleep. Met Dixie and had a great time talking to her, wish I could have talked to her more but she got busy. The rooms were very clean and big, lots of room! We were able to roam around and visit the jail area that is still there. We had breakfast the next morning in the courtyard and had a nice visit with Paul, the owner. He took us on a tour of the jail and gave us lots of interesting history. He also took pictures of me and my husband together in the courtyard and some fun pictures of us in the jail. A very neat place to stay and will be back one day!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank kbruske
Southern Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Jailer's Inn just won the top spot on Trip Advisor as the quirkiest place to stay and we know why. We liked the idea of staying in a conversted jail. So, we decided to stay in the Jail Cell. What an experience. This room is not as fancy as the others, but it is such a neat experience. This room is located in the original women's cell next to the old jail that you can tour. The decor is black and white with an Elvis and James Dean theme. The door to the room is an actual steel cell door. If you want a more luxurious experience, choose another room, however if you want an experience this is the room for you. Our "jailer's", Paul (owner) and Dixie (innkeeper) were very warm and helpful. Breakfast is at 8:30 in the courtyard and was tasty. After breakfast-Paul took all of the "inmate on an interiesting tour of the jail. The inn is well located in the centre of town where you can walk to many of the restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank ld4ivy
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent a night at Jailer's Inn on our way from Chicago area to Gatlinburg. My son is interested in ghost hunting and the inn is supposed to be haunted. We found the inn different and charming. The Garden Room where we stayed was very nice and had some nice surprises. Look for hidden places! DIxie, the innkeeper was so wonderful and full of history. Her french toast for breakfast in the garden (the old jail yard) was delicious. She gave us a tour of the old jail in the back. It was a really different and fun experience. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank VacationRN19
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The experience of staying in a old jail and the history behind it is awesome. The Inn Keeper Dixie is a gem and treats you like her best friend. The owner Paul needs to do a few updates to the room and talk to the Tavern next door about the garbage on the ground around the dumpster area.
Bardstown is a great town full of history and you do need at least one night at the jail to meet ALL the guests!

Room Tip: Dont stay in the jail cell.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardstown
General Nelson Inn
Wingfield Inn & Suites
Wingfield Inn & Suites
#3 of 17 in Elizabethtown
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Jailer's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!