“Our third stay”
Review of Old Talbott Tavern

Old Talbott Tavern
Ranked #5 of 10 Bardstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed for the third time in May, 2012. The Daniel Boone room is the one we always ask for. May is off season, I guess, because the room was very low priced. Meal was great, as always and we met a nice couple from Australia. When we drive through Kentucky, we detour to Talbott Tavern and Bardstown.

Room Tip: Daniel Boone Room is great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Eleanor N

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I returned to the Old Talbott Tavern from a year ago and again had a delightful visit. Our lunch was served quickly and the staff was very friendly.

Just to walk around the Inn and to think who might have visited or stayed there is exciting in of itself (if you are a history buff). The location is excellent (center city circle area) for from here you can walk the whole downtown.

Great photo ops also.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It has been several months since I stayed at the Old Talbott Tavern and I am planning to go back soon. I stayed in "The Generals Quarters" The room was so lovely, staff was friendly and I loved roaming around and reading the historical facts and seeing pictures. I think we may have even caught a glimpse of a ghost! Can't wait to go back for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We travelled through town on our way back to Louisville from a Makers Mark Bourbon tour. The setting is quaint and very historic. The food was what you would expect in a tavern - good quality and reasonably priced. If you are driving through the area, it is worth a stop.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had read the reviews on this traven, and they were mixed. It was old and lots of histroy that is why we decided to give it a try.
I can say we were not dissapointed. The rooms were clean and nice size. Everyting you would need. I guess the olny thing I had concern for was no elevator. I have bad knees so that was a challenge. If you can't do stairs, you won't want to stay here.
The staff was friendly, the girl that checked us in was very helpful.
We did eat in the restaurant, was very interesting, We had a 6:30 reservation and had to wait. Also the service was slow and no refills on drinks. the food was good and hot, but average. We decided to walk down the street the following evening for dinner.
We did enjoy the bourbon bar, good music. Think my husband and I would stay again,if in the area.

Room Tip: Don't get a room over the bourbon bar, on nights with music if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was really impressed by the room at the Talbott Tavern. From the price, and the photos on the website, I was expecting something a little shabby. However, room was really comfy - spacious, great bed. Not super high luxe, but fine for a couple of nights.

We'd been warned about the noise from the band in the bar, as other reviewers have pointed out, as we were there on a Friday night. Yes, it was loud, but we'd been made aware, so we just went downstairs and enjoyed ourselves!

All in all, really pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Lincoln room at the Old Talbott tavern recently and we absolutely loved our time at this historical must see.We stayed on a Friday night,and the band didn't bother us too bad,however the drunk smokers outside were VERY loud.There were no signs of ghosts or anything paranormal,but that's OK because that isn't why we stayed here. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.We will definately stay here again,but maybe on a weeknight next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple