“Kentucky Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barbourville
Loganville, Georgia
“Kentucky Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I frequent this hotel when visiting Union College. The staff is always polite and the hotel and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It is also cycle friendly and the rates are quite reasonable. I never consider staying anywhere else when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tdbrucie1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Wilderness Trail Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Patron:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your remarks make our job so
worthwhile. Hope you will be returning soon.

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is convenient to Union College and is the only chain hotel in Barbourville. That being said, the local owners take pride in their facilities and are genuinely friendly and helpful. The room looked newly renovated and the beds were very comfortable. Each room had a recliner which was night. Upon our late arrival, we were in search of coffee, and the front desk actually made a fresh pot for us. I will continue to stay here when I visit Barbourville.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Patron:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words.
Both owners and staff do take great pride in their work and their customer satisfaction.
We hope you have a chance to visit again soon. There will always be coffee
waiting or just minutes away from being brewed.

Tammy Bruce,
BW Wilderness Trail Inn
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was a bit apprehensive when I booked a room here being that it is the only place in town. We were pleasantly surprised! The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff went above and beyond to help us. The pool is nice, but the water was a bit milky looking. I liked the chairs all around the building so you have a place to sit other than your room. The breakfast area is way too small, but the breakfast itself was nice. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tdbrucie1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Wilderness Trail Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Patron:

Thank you for taking the time for a review of our property. We are so glad we surprised you. We try very hard to make each and every guest's stay as pleasant as possible. I apologize for the
milky pool. Although all chemicals checked out, the clarifier just wasn't doing it's job. Hopefully,
on your visit next season, we will have no problems with such. We look forward to your return.

Thankyou again.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stay here every year during our family reunion. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodates all reasonable requests. The rooms are clean and well cared for. The included breakfast is a nice feature, and is standard fare for such a hotel (waffle maker, donuts, pastries, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, etc). The location is excellent for the area. They are located on the main road through town, and are close to all of the fast food restaurants, gas stations, supermarket, Walmart, and other stores. The rates are very reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel don't get as much traffic noise as rooms to the front.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Patron:

Sorry for the delay in responding to your review of our property in August.
Thank you for taking the time. We greatly appreciate you kind remarks.
We hope you will get a chance for a return visit soon.

Detroit, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

My family has stayed here twice. The area is a small town, so there are not any other options in the area. That being said, the hotel serves its purpose. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and staff were very friendly. It was also nice to have a continental breakfast included. our first stay was on the back side of the hotel. Our most recent stay was in the front and in close proximity to the front office. So if there is a car idling nearby, the noise comes right in. But that is just a lesson learned to ask for a room in the back next time. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

My family has stayed in this hotel before, but it had been about 7 yrs since we had. Since this is a small town, we knew this was really the only hotel we could book. The location was good because it was about 10 mins to where we needed to be. The hotel has many surrounding fast food places.
The overall look of the hotel shocked me, compared to what I was expecting. It looks like it has been reprinted here lately. You enter your rooms from the outside.
Once we got to our room, it was clean inside but had an overpowering, unpleasant odor coming from the room. That was disgusting; good thing I brought my air spray! It was a nonsmoking room, but also smelt very old & like cat urine.
Our room had 2 full beds, a desk, tv, & mini microwave & fridge. The bathroom was very small, but the sink area was outside of it.
Also, the swimming pool wasn't open for the season, & this is May!
The cont. breakfast was ok: it had juice, milk, donuts, oatmeal, fruit, & frozen waffles.
If we ever need to stay in this town again, we'll stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tdbrucie1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Wilderness Trail Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Patron:

So sorry that we did not meet all your expectations during your last visit. This is the first time
I heard about your problem with a smell in the room. If you had let someone know, we would
have done whatever possible to correct the matter. As far as the pool is concerned, it is always
after Memorial Weekend before it is opened. The weather here will not accommodate an outside pool any earlier.

We look forward to your next stay so that we have another chance to make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for your patronage.

Griffin, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Had previously written a review on this hotel and gave it a 5. This was in the afternoon before I spent the night there.

This is a nice, clean, hotel and there's no problems with the facilities themselves. However, do not get a room here on the front side of the building facing the road. The road noise from the constant coal trucks is the loudest I've ever heard in a hotel and I spend 100+ nights a year on the road in hotels.

Fortunately, I sleep very soundly and the noise didn't keep me awake, but even when I wasn't trying to sleep, the noise was very annoying. If you are a light sleeper you'll be awake all night. There are rooms on the back side of the hotel that face the woods and I think these would be ok. I may try this hotel one more time and get a room on the back to see how it is.

Again, the room was fine, not fantastic, the desk people were friendly, and really can't say anything bad about the hotel except their unfortunate proximity to a very busy highway with constant big rigs passing byl

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Patron:

Thank you for upgrading our rating. I again apologize for your problem with the noise level on the
front side of the building. A call to me directly before your next stay and I can make sure (if at all
possible) that we get you a room on the backside. I know you will find the stay more enjoyable.

We look forward to your call.

Front Desk Mgr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barbourville
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
#12 of 12 in Corbin
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg

Been to BEST WESTERN Wilderness Trail Inn? Share your experiences!