“Meet our needs for the night!”

Best Western Wilderness Trail Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barbourville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Meet our needs for the night!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My family has stayed in this hotel before, but it had been about 7 yrs since we had. Since this is a small town, we knew this was really the only hotel we could book. The location was good because it was about 10 mins to where we needed to be. The hotel has many surrounding fast food places.
The overall look of the hotel shocked me, compared to what I was expecting. It looks like it has been reprinted here lately. You enter your rooms from the outside.
Once we got to our room, it was clean inside but had an overpowering, unpleasant odor coming from the room. That was disgusting; good thing I brought my air spray! It was a nonsmoking room, but also smelt very old & like cat urine.
Our room had 2 full beds, a desk, tv, & mini microwave & fridge. The bathroom was very small, but the sink area was outside of it.
Also, the swimming pool wasn't open for the season, & this is May!
The cont. breakfast was ok: it had juice, milk, donuts, oatmeal, fruit, & frozen waffles.
If we ever need to stay in this town again, we'll stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
tdbrucie1, Front Office Manager at Best Western Wilderness Trail Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Patron:

So sorry that we did not meet all your expectations during your last visit. This is the first time
I heard about your problem with a smell in the room. If you had let someone know, we would
have done whatever possible to correct the matter. As far as the pool is concerned, it is always
after Memorial Weekend before it is opened. The weather here will not accommodate an outside pool any earlier.

We look forward to your next stay so that we have another chance to make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for your patronage.

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Griffin, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Had previously written a review on this hotel and gave it a 5. This was in the afternoon before I spent the night there.

This is a nice, clean, hotel and there's no problems with the facilities themselves. However, do not get a room here on the front side of the building facing the road. The road noise from the constant coal trucks is the loudest I've ever heard in a hotel and I spend 100+ nights a year on the road in hotels.

Fortunately, I sleep very soundly and the noise didn't keep me awake, but even when I wasn't trying to sleep, the noise was very annoying. If you are a light sleeper you'll be awake all night. There are rooms on the back side of the hotel that face the woods and I think these would be ok. I may try this hotel one more time and get a room on the back to see how it is.

Again, the room was fine, not fantastic, the desk people were friendly, and really can't say anything bad about the hotel except their unfortunate proximity to a very busy highway with constant big rigs passing byl

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Patron:

Thank you for upgrading our rating. I again apologize for your problem with the noise level on the
front side of the building. A call to me directly before your next stay and I can make sure (if at all
possible) that we get you a room on the backside. I know you will find the stay more enjoyable.

We look forward to your call.

Front Desk Mgr
Bako
Reviewed May 18, 2012

THIEVES.....THIEVES......THIEVES !!!!!!!!!!

Do not leave any valuables out... staff will take it and not even flinch!
Left my ipad in the room, maid was outside ready to clean my room. Called 4 hours later and they said theyd call me back in fifteen minutes, never returned my call. Drove back to ask in person they just acted suspicious and said they would check the room... never a call back went back again they just said sorry!
I get it and I need to take some responsibility, but they know the maid took it!
Place is a dump on top of that, first room had a toaster streudel on the dresser and poop in the toilet... they said it was a busy day!

My advice keep driving to Corbin!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BakoMarkie
Patron:

In error, a room was missed and not cleaned. It happened that you were sent to this room
and once the error was found, you were given another promptly. I apologized for the mistake
then and do so again.

As far as your other remarks, I must say they are not deserved. After your first call about
leaving something in the room, all maid carts were checked and the head housekeeper called.
It took some time to get ahold of everyone and before this time you had returned to the motel. The room had already been re-rented and there was no way it could be checked until the guest who now had the room could be contacted and permission given. Our housekeeping staff has
turned in cash, jewerly, cell phones and yes. even computers and Ipads before. They know that
failure to do so would never be tolerated. We believe that you left or misplaced your personal item somewhere else and hope that you will find such soon. Then maybe your "Deliverance" and "Dump" remarks may be retracted.

Front Desk Manager
Minnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed in this hotel about three years ago and thought it was appropriate for what we needed - clean, smelt good and comfortable. So we thought we would stay there again, since also in this area, we have stayed in really terrible places as well. They have remodeled this time around. Our room smelt so fresh and clean when we walked in and the sheets were as white as white could be. The room was soooo clean and comfortable and even pretty modern. This was a great surprise since we thought it was good the first time around and being in a smaller town. The price you pay is an absolute deal considering the room. The continental breakfast was a little sparse but enough to grab something quick with nice to-go cups for coffee. The staff was very hospitalble, forgot toothpaste and they provided this complimetary and also had a headache in which they had individually-packaged pain relievers, which were complimetary as well. Great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel. A quick word too of this area - be cautious if staying anywhere else, especially in Corbin, check your room before you pay. There are some horrific hotels in this area even with chain names you trust and prices that will not reflect AND managment that will NOT make it right after you have paid. I have stayed here twice now and will definitely return again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 221 and the room was huge compared to average. Staff told us this is here favorit...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Tyler
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The is one of the best Best Westerns I've ever stayed at-and I have an account with them! Rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was excellent, and they had the typical frig and microwave but the "extras" really made the difference. They have a nice fenced in swimming pool. In addition to the typical chairs, they have a number of tables for socializing. There is also a rack of towels @ poolside ready to be used. On the landing for the different floors there is outdoor furniture to gather, relax and/or talk. There is a Wendy and a KFC across the parking lot...no need to drive! Overall, an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Motel staff was very nice. Room was clean and comfortable. I wish they would get queen beds but we enjoyed our stay/peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
michigan, usa
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is the only place to stay in Barbourville. You will need to travel about 30 minutes backk to Corbin for any other lodging. The good points were the room had a small fridge and microwave and wifi was available at no charge in the room. The hotel did honor our request for a lower level room for my wife's elderly parents as there is not an elevator to the second level This is a basic hotel and you should not expect it to be anything else. It was not dirty and you can sleep and shower here.

The down side of my comments: The shampoo was a foil package of which only one package was provided. Nicer amenities were not a priority here. The breakfast was very limited with cold cereal, coffee, orange juice, and inexpensive donuts. The breakfast room was very small with one table that had six chairs around it. Four people at the same time would create a crowded room. We also had a room that faced the road and you could hear the traffic if this is an issue for you. There were rooms on the backside of the building away from the road.

As I said, this is the only place to stay in Barbourville. The people were nice. Just don't ecpect too much and you will be OK.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ldwheels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barbourville
Pine Mountain State Resort Park
Sleep Inn & Suites Middlesboro
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
#1 of 4 in Williamsburg
Holiday Inn Express Corbin

Been to Best Western Wilderness Trail Inn? Share your experiences!