“SURPRISINGLY AMAZING”

Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ngaglik
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Love the Grounds, the Architecture, the Proportions of the spaces, the layouts... simply amazing. I try to avoid large Hotels, but have to say that this Hyatt is simply the most elegant i have seen. The suites are standard, nothing special but very clean, the Bathrooms are large and a bit odd, but the Balconies add a beautiful dimension to the otherwise pretty "regular" Hyatt interiors.

It is all about the Outdoor Spaces, stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And GREAT PROFESSIONAL HOTEL STAFF!!!! Made it all very relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank food_butterfly
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Every time we're in Indonesia for holiday, we always come to visit this cultural city Yogyakarta & always staying at this hotel:) I think that speaks for the hotel itself;) and we were there during Yogyakarta Royal Wedding:)

I just loveeeeeeeeeeeee the green nice surrounding with many beautiful green garden, the mini javanese temples, the fish ponds, the view, beautiful big swimming pool, extremely polite & friendly staffs:) I just love being here.

We stayed here for 7 days:) staying in Club Regency Room which we can use the club regency lounge, the staffs in this hotel made us immediately feel welcome:)

Nice bfast with big foods variation, you could have bfast outdoor in garden/in door, children camp to keep the children busy, they provide shuttle car to the city in certain hours, andong everyday, night market with Ramayana live dancing & Gamelan every saturday night, it just AMAZING!!

My big gratitude towards the female house keeping staff: Ms Niluh (from Bali) who was very helpful & attentive giving extra mineral water bottles, extra package of chamomile tea incl preparing 4 clean extra cups for making tea & giving a card to fill in, in case if we need anything as long as my husband was sick (she helped us immediately without I asked her help) for my husband who got all sudden high fever for 2 days & she was extremely kind helping us in such emergency time.

My gratitude also goes to Ms Elizabeth who keep preparing chamomile tea for me & my husband in the lounge, that she automatically say "Chamomile tea for you*with a smile on her face*:)?" every time she saw us:p*I'm kinda embarrassed being marked as chamomile tea drinker:p but also touched by their attentive help:)*

Next my gratitude to Mr Andreas in Lounge Area, Mr Yanuar who work in Reception & Ms Kristi who work in Guest Officer, Mr Fajar who work in Swimming Pool Area.

Very nice polite helpful friendly people...they smile really from their hearts..it always amazing there, not only the hotel itself, but also the staffs who works there.

It's highly recommended to stay here. We surely will come back again:)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funny2222
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Since 13 years we always coming back to this hotel and after this "long" time we still so happy with this hotel. We have already seen all the really recommended sight seeings around, we only come to be in this hotel. Take the airport pick up service and arrive very relaxed at the hotel. The first impression will stay for ever and that really true. The hotel staff welcome you with flowers and smiling faces. You will feel home and welcome from the first second in this hotel. The check is fast and well organized. If you have booked the Regency Club rooms you will have a separately check in. The hotel rooms are friendly and well maintained. The hotel provide fresh fruits and free bottle of water for your stay. Internet connection is free of charge and working quite well. Really excellent breakfast with daily new warm dishes. Take your time and eat outside on the terrace, next to the pool side. A special tip. Stay over Saturday and on the evening you should join the very famous food night market in the hotel. You will never forget this evening! The pool area is nicely built and give you a feeling of a tropical garden. The hotel boy is very happy to provide you with fresh towels and take your order if you feel hungry. The hotel is located at a 30ha big land with a nine hole golf course. On this area you will have a 2km jogging track. There are free of charge shuttle service to the city and back to the hotel. Within the hotel you can also book your trip to all the sight seeings around the hotel. During my stay I was ill for 2 days and the hotel staff immediately provide extra tea and water and cleaned my room with priority. Thank you again for this service. We have used the Club room and using the Club lounge almost each day. And the really unforgetable plus will be the absolutely friendly and helpfull personal. I really can recommend this hotel without any doubt to everybody. Come and see this wonderful place and enjoy your days.

Room Tip: Take a Regency Club Lounge room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PERCHMAR
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night, to visit Prambanan and Borobodur. I wish I could have stayed longer. This is an outstanding hotel. Excellent rooms, excellent breakfast, warm welcome and service. The hotel arranged for my airport pick-up as well as my tours to both these places, including the evening ballet performance at Prambanan. As a result, I was able to see and do all that I wanted in the limited time that I had. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is a beauty, the grounds are stunning, the food good, the service excellent,and the room was nice as well. We stayed 4 nights and loved just walking around the grounds in the mornings, before heading off to see temples and palaces. A great stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my colleagues. There was more than 30 of us and not a single complaint! The bed was comfortable,the staff were attentive, the service is outstanding, everything was well organised. They arranged our bus and early check in of our flight, so we did not have to rush to the airport.

The spa area could be improved/upgraded. It looks old.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a corporate family gathering here for 3 days. Very cooperative in terms of rooms arrangement. A welcoming flower bouquet and drink are good thoughts. Food were great. My son loooved the pool. The room is spacious. I was happy to find a weight scale in the bathroom. Good gesture. Location is perfect, either to go in town or out of town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ngaglik
The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta - MGallery Collection
Royal Ambarrukmo Yogyakarta
Melia Purosani
Melia Purosani
#15 of 206 in Yogyakarta

Been to Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta? Share your experiences!