“Best AYCE”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Best all-you-can-eat family style meals, and their pies are wonderful!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Positives: great food, competent service, reasonable prices, wide variety, clean
Negative: off the beaten path

I'd tried to eat at the Carriage Corner several times in the past but either ran out of time, or arrived after they'd closed.

It was my loss!

In late November, 2011, I finally succeeded in dining there, and am glad we chose this place over others in the area.

We arrived about 11:30 a.m. one Saturday morning, and were quickly seated and served. The dining room had filled considerably when we left forty-five minutes later, as had the parking lot. We can only imagine how busy the place would become as more people had time to make the trip to this restaurant.

A single roll, accompanied by cinnamon butter, was served in advance of the main course. It was large enough for both of us.

My wife selected turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing and corn. I chose sausage links, mashed potatoes and green beans. Servings filled our platter-sized plates, and every bite was delicious. The potatoes were a little thinner than I prefer, and I chose to add a bit of salt to the beans. My wife's turkey...both white and dark meat...was moist and tender. My sausages...the menu said they came from the Yoder Meat Company across the street...were juicy and tasty.

Our entrees were so good we decided to share a piece of peach pecan pie for dessert. This combination was something new to us. While the pie was good, it wasn't too different from regular peach pies we'd had in the past. However, it was good enough that we'd eat another piece if other options weren't available!

The restaurant sells pies and other baked goods in their gift shop area. We picked up hafl-a-dozen of the biggest cinnamon rolls either of us had ever seen.

If you're ever "in the area"...say, within a 50 mile radius of Yoder...this restaurant is worth a visit. Although we've only been once, the service we observed and products we received were of such high quality that we're convince our experience was not a fluke.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Carriage Crossing Restaurant. We had the all you can eat fried chicken dinner served family style. We had more than enough without needing seconds. The fried chicken is equal to the best we have ever had, which is really saying something! The potatoes and gravy were outstanding. The rest of the meal was pretty standard fare.

Then, we had the pie...
I had the Coconut Cream Pie. My wife had the Pumpkin. Here is the scoop - The Coconut Cream Pie is excellent! The Pumpkin Pie was just average at best. The portion size of the Coconut Cream Pie is HUGE! The Pumpkin Pie was on the modest size. But, for us, it was not about quantity. We were in search of the perfect pie and the Coconut Cream Pie won the perfect pie contest hands down.

Do not miss this restaurant. It is worth the five mile drive from Hutchinson, KS. And yes, it does take a little longer for your food to be delivered to your table when it is made to order. The service was great! Our server gave constant attention to keeping our drinking glasses full and to offering seconds on the family style dinner. When we paid our check, the restaurant management was very concerned with our being satisfied with our dinner. We were not just satisfied, we were elated to find such a great restaurant in rural Kansas!

1  Thank Ultimatetravelking
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We went on a Tues nite, in a group of about 20. Had our own long table. Promptly seated, and drink order taken and delivered in about 15 minutes. We all ordered dinners. Waited another 45 min for our food. Many plates were cold. Mashed potatoes and gravy had hardened. Fried chicken over-done. Med well steak came out rare. Food was generally bland and comparable to Cracker Barrel if not a step below. We've been to probably half a dozen Amish restaurants, this was on the bottom. Not recommended.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Every time I've gone here (and that would be a LOT, considering I lived a block away from there from '91 to '99), I've told myself, "Self, you've eaten too much *insert any menu item here*! No more room for pie!" and almost every time, I found space (somewhere between my ribs, I guess) for pie! The pie is just the icing on the cake (haha) at this place; everything on the menu is fantastic! And take it from me, I'm pretty sure I've had at least 2 of each of everything. The homemade cinnamon rolls? Legendary! For the main course, the homemade bread they serve as a warm-up for the meals is just the start! You would think the price would be as outrageous as everything else, as well...nope! Me, my wife, 2 kids and mom ate there yesterday for just under $40. You canNOT beat that price! We live in Wichita and go out to eat there often, and can barely keep it under $40 just for my wife and I at times. I understand not everyone feels the way I do about this restaurant, and there are going to be some orders that come back wrong the first time and flies buzzing around when it's 100+ degrees outside for almost the entire summer. You're going to encounter that stuff everywhere you go. If you're still having doubts, read nowincolorado's review. They try to complain about the flies, and do so, but can't stop talking about the delicious food :) I guarantee you, if you tell the server your order is wrong or speak up about whatever else is bugging (haha again) you, this is one place that goes out of its way to make things right! Read the owner's review on here, and you'll see that!

1  Thank Walk_The