“Overpriced for condition, dated, and management needs to try a bit harder” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3800 S Pike Rd at Hwy 77, Winfield, KS 67156 (Formerly Comfort Inn Winfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Winfield
New York
“Overpriced for condition, dated, and management needs to try a bit harder”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

First, we coordinated a group reservation approx 5 months in advance. We were told we'd receive a monthly status email advising of numbers of rooms taken but received only one. Second, for multiple calls made to resolve routine questions and issues that normally arise during the lead-up to the reservation, we were almost always told that the person who handled that wasn't there and would take a message. More often than not, I wasn't called back. Third, during their stay, I'm aware of at least two guests requesting refrigerators, but were told one couldn't be delivered until the next day. These are guests with baby formulas and food that spoil. I see no good reason for this delay, and as an event host this was embarrassing. Fourth, and perhaps most telling and irritating, was that while seeking an explanation for apparent early charges, a desk employee had significant difficulty accessing pertinent information on the computer and at least three times had to consult with an apparent manager who was seated just 15 feet away. Management: if your employee is having such difficulty--within your view-- have the concern for your guests to get up out of your chair, walk ten steps to the customer and employee, and help them. It shows you care about your guests, and your employee. The employees and representatives I dealt with were friendly, and guests reported that the rooms were fine, but the management itself seemed indifferent and unconcerned based upon my personal experience as well as those reported to me by our guests. I'd call this location average if it weren't for the sub-par customer service experience and the dated appearance, however with both needing improvement, I'd rate this location below average and certainly not worth the $100+ per night rates. Next time we will lodge elsewhere because of these easily-preventable experiences. Once updated, maybe we'll try again.

Room Tip: Hallways near smoking rooms reek heavily of smoke.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Texican2
Dale C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I do apologize about the refrigerator situation. We are in starting renovations and have refrigerators upon request. Unfortunately we do not have night time maintenance so if you have not made your request prior to check in the girls at the front desk are unable to haul the refrigerators up and down the stairs so therefore maintenance would deliver them the next day. This situation will be resolved once we have completed renovations and there will be refrigerators and microwaves in all rooms. Although the front desk clerk should have offered to keep perishable items in the refrigerator in our breakfast room until the refrigerator was delivered to the rooms. As for management not helping I'm not sure what the situation was upon checking in. I will talk with my team to make sure that does not happen again. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Darren Nearhood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The AC unit was extremely noisy! The room did cool down but Did Not lower or remove the humidity. It was like a very warm wet blanket in a somewhat cool room. I stay in a lot of hotels across the country including Comfort Inns and would agree that this facility is in need of alot of repairs and renovation. We stayed here in 2010 (not much has changed since then) and we will not stay here if anything else is available especially for the price. The staff was extremely polite and courteous. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dale C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Please contact the front desk when an issue like this arises and we will be more than happy to either move you to a different room or have the unit replaced in your room. I do apologize for this issue. Thank you for letting us know and I will have our maintenance department check the units. We are in process of renovations currently, which will include several changes and updates. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience and see what improvements we have made to the property.

Darren Nearhood

Travelers are raving about these Winfield hotels

Huntsville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Unfortunately there were no nonsmoking rooms for our stay, understandable due to the local event however the smoking room was so terrible that my husband who smokes could barely breathe. My throat hurt for two days after our visit. There should be better ventilation or the ability to open the windows in such a situation. We will not be staying there again unless we have a non smoking room and even then I am afraid of how it will be. And definitely not worth the $134.00/night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dale C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I do apologize on sold out weekends we only have a certain amount of non-smoking rooms. We do clean, shampoo and air sanitize our smoking rooms. Unfortunately with cigarette smoke it's very difficult to remove out of a room totally. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This property is old and worn everywhere. Parking lot, building...even the large Comfort Inn signs are very faded. Shocked that Choice would want this hotel in the system. Room was 109.00 which is truly the biggest rip off I have experienced. 24 hour cancel policy has to be because people pull up and drive away. The said they upgraded me to a luxury suite which means no one involved with that hotel knows what luxury is. Every employee is misleading.
Don't stay here...Chair had 12 inch rip, deadbold on pool door wouldn't work, doors in to the building don't even lock so only guests can enter and the room decor looks like it is straight out of the 70's.
This is a bait an switch situation from photos to reality.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms I don't think.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
S8ManagerWinfield, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. As I'm sure you witnessed during your stay we are in the beginning stages of a property improvement, which address all the concerns you stated in your review. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Winfield is a small town with few lodging options. This one is probably among the best though I haven't stayed in them all. I'd rate this particular Comfort Inn as fairly typical of others, including the cost, and I've stayed in several. We had none of the issues described by others here. It was an uneventful two-night stay in a nice, clean room. The breakfast is very average to slightly below, but there are several fast-food options close by. We were asked by the front desk clerk our preference for the timing of our room cleaning and I thought that was a nice touch. Also, we were in town unexpectedly due to a funeral and found the hotel to be very accommodating on a couple matters relative to our reservations.

Room Tip: Several in our group complained about the small pillows. You may want to travel with your own.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dale C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are getting all new pillows and bedding soon. The next time you visit we should have everything installed in all of our rooms.
We hope to see you again soon!

Topeka, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this hotel mainly for the pool on May 25, 2013. The pool was disgusting, not only were there numerous leaves there was also a substantial amount of dirt covering the bottom of the pool. We arrived early afternoon and visited with other residents of the hotel who had been there the day before as well; they stated it had been dirty since the day they arrived.

If this hotel does not have a vacume for the pool, then get one, and hire someone who will use it!!

We did complain to the front desk just as a young man was walking through the front door, he was the person in charge of the pool. The young woman apologized and said she would make sure he took care of the pool. Three hours later, all that was taken care of were part of the leaves. This also makes me fear that the pool is probably not being properly treated for bacteria, which also makes it a health hazzard!! I think the departartment of health and enviornment should inspect asap!!

Room Tip: Only stop here if you don't want a pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our pool on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Maintenance Department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Rest assured our pool is checked on a daily bases for chemical balances and numerous other items including bacteria to ensure everything is safe for our guests.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Winfield.
Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn @ Quail Ridge
(620) 221-7529
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The options for a hotel in Winfield are pretty limited. The Comfort Inn is way overpriced for a plain vanilla hotel in a small town. Also, we had a bad experience when the paint or finish on the headboard rubbed off on our hands. The breakfast was run-of-the-mill. Super 8 is next door...might try it next time.

Room Tip: Face the pool and golf course, rather than highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Alan,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our your room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with front desk, maintenance department and owner to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn @ Quail Ridge
(620) 221-7529
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winfield
Super 8 Winfield/Quail Ridge
Super 8 Arkansas City KS
#3 of 5 in Arkansas City
3.5 of 5 stars 43 reviews
First Council Casino Hotel

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!