“Great Room & Service”

Candlewood Suites - Wichita Airport
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I checked in late on Thursday July 5th 2012 and I asked for a top floor room and the young lady on duty was so nice and helpful.
I was traveling with my daughter, we were in Wichita because my mother in law is very Ill and during our stay we encountered some not so friendly people in that town but at the hotel everyone was very nice and helpful, the room was clean & crisp.
Thank You for making our stay Fantastic.

Room Tip: As long as the room is clean I really don't care, But I do like top floors but not a MUST
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Miss_G_17
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites - Wichita Airport

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on December 3, 2011, due to weather and not wanting a late night drive back home (310 miles). As a Platinum Priority Club member, I was looking forward to the extra perks. HOWEVER - -

Upon check-in, the clerk never even noticed that I was a member of the Priority Club (let alone a platinum level member). I did not get any perks that should go with this -- newspaper, bottle water, free upgrade. I did mention to the clerk that I was a member, and she was like "Oh", even though it was notated on my reservation.

My suite was nothing special. The paint was peeling and chipping along the cabinets, which did not look very good. The recliner in the room was uncomfortable. The microwave in the suite did not work.

In the morning, housekeeping knocked on the door and barged in, before I could even get up out of my chair. Housekeeping needs training on this!

I did use the laundry room. The washers were nice, but the dryers were in bad shape, with many of them out of order.

In the Cupboard, there was no coffee! There should always be coffee!

I do stay in Wichita frequently, but will probably not return to this hotel. The Candlewood Suites in NE Wichita is much better maintained and staffed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank AirlinesOfWorld
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I would never stay here again. While the gentleman was very helpful when we arrived, the noise above our room was maddening. On our first night we were awoken about 4am by what sounded like an elephant above our room. This went on for the rest of the morning. We had to leave before 7am so there is not a front desk person to speak with before then. We arrived home that evening after 11pm and again there was no front desk person. We were hoping that the noise we heard in the morning was a one time thing but no.....We hadn't layed down for two minutes and the noise started again. I can't even describe it. It was like little kids running back and forth and jumping up and down continuously. We left the next morning at 5am and again no front desk help. Not sure what they could have done for us anyway. We were in room 204. I recommend not staying in that room. There is also a "pantry" type store that you can go in and purchase items. I did not care for that. Why not offer a continental breakfast. Our room was very clean though so that was a plus.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed June 7, 2011

A beautiful place and will always stay at this chain whenever possible.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The room is larger than the usual hotel room in this class, which is nice for staying awhile. Comfy, friendly, and quiet. No daily room service--weekly instead, which is fine with me. If I needed fresh towels (which I didn't for 3 days' stay) I could just exchange them with the helpful front desk staff. No free breakfast, but that was easy, too. We bought our favorites at the Wal-Mart next door with the savings on the room rate. We'd stay here again, although with the Wichita heat, maybe we'll need a place with a pool. :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stay here on April 29 for 2 days. Check in very easy. Rooms clean with full kitchen, rooms big enough. As in previous reviews hotel is hard to find so just look for the wal mart close to the airport. Parking of parking space available. Counter staff very friendly and helpful. I asked about a certain restaurant the counter person did not know anything about it, upon our arrival in the room the counter person called to say she had our directions printed out for our use. We thought that was great!! The front desk also called for a cab to pick us up about 4 hours later, she handled all the details for us. the also had free laundry as this is also used as a extended stay hotel.This is a very good value and should be used. We enjoyed it very much and would stay again!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kingpin2920
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The Hotel is located just exiting on Dugan road from 54.
The rooms are very clean, with cooking corner and microwave.
The Tv is suite and the desk is served with complimentary HSpeed internet connection.
The laundry is free and the gym is small but enjoyable.
The staff is very kind and available.
The parking is free and just close to the mall.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business