“Great Lodging in Wichita”

Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast
Ranked #50 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is an extended stay facility. It is also a decent enough place for spending a night, just passing through (in my case). It is in a quiet enough part of town, easy enough to get to. There is a sports bar next door, which Candlewood Suites gives you a free appetizer coupon for. FYI-the sports bar closed at 10:00 on a Wednesday night.
Plenty of room in the bathroom, plenty of hot water too. There is no ice machine in the hallway, so checking in I was advised to run the icemaker in the freezer portion of the full sized refrigerator.
This hotel was well reviewed and pretty much on par as far as the price for lodging that may be located closer to Kansas Turnpike, I-135 or off Kellogg.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Roger R
Crystal W, Manager at Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Roger

Thank you for the nice review. We are happy that your stay was what you had expected. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed here several times when I am traveling alone. As a single female on these trips I have felt very comfortable here. They have great rates, however, don't expect any breakfast. They do have complementary coffee and also free washers and dryers. This is really a no frills place and all rooms have a single Queen Bed. I have also had a recliner in every room I've stayed in.

The room is very spacious and has a nice work area. There is a flat screen TV, full size fridge with ice maker, two burners for any cooking and dishwasher and microwave.

I've always had a comfortable bed here. Nice linens and towels. Their towels put some of the other hotels to shame.

My only complaint would be that I sometimes like to run the fan all night in my room for noise and they don't have just the fan option. You need either the heat or air on and then you can run the fan all the time. So I just need to get the temp that I want.

I'm fussy with the hotels I stay in and so far I have not been disappointed with this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kc-opk
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel based primarily upon price and recommended it to 3 coworkers. I arrived around 6:30 PM and was given a smoking room. I immediately went back to the front desk and asked for a non-smoking room, but was told there were none available. 20 minutes later a coworker checked in and got a non-smoking room (even though I had been told there were none left). 1 hour later another coworker was told that even though he had a reservation, they didn't have a room for him. At any halfway respectable hotel, this guest would have been given a free room at a comparable hotel. The Candlewood Suite made no attempt to resolve the situation or help him find another room elsewhere. Fortunately, the Wichita Inn had available rooms at an even better rate. At 11 PM, the 3rd coworker arrived and got a non-smoking room -- despite the fact that they told me there were none. I attempted to resolve my issue with the IHG website and they were no help either. The next morning, when I checked out, I explained that I was given a non-smoking room when I requested a smoking and that a coworker was not even given a room. The desk attendant was floored. She said they ended up with an empty non-smoking room that no one used that night and they had several reservations with no credit card on file, so the coworker (who had used a credit card to guarantee the room) should have gotten one of those rooms ---- especially since he checked in after 7 PM and the non-credit card guarantee guests still had not shown up. I was offered extra IHG Rewards points to make up for the horrible room I was given, but those never showed up in my account. My suggestion -- if you travel on business, book the Courtyard by Marriott instead since all of their rooms are non-smoking. If budget is more of an issue, book the Wichita Inn and save a few more bucks and get a much better property and morning doughnuts to boot.

Room Tip: Unless you are a smoker, skip this property entirely.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Justin C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Justin C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. WE are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a great room for the price. It is clean & the decor is updated. It is very spacious & the kitchenette comes in very handy. Only complaint I have is the bed. It was very uncomfortable & sloped in the middle & the pillows were hard. Also, we asked for a room at the back of the hotel & we got one in the front right on the highway, which we could hear all night. There is a great bar & grill right next door that we walked to. So overall, we were satisfied but I will check with them before I stay again just to see if they have got new beds.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great value, clean and spacious rooms. Stayed here around 5 times so far and would definately go back. Courtesy service is refreshing. A lot of thing to do in the area - Cabela's one exit up. I usually stay here for work and the work space area is great for that. Little kitchen area is nice for leftovers and drinks. Layout of the room is very spacious. Did I mention this is a GREAT value?

1  Thank Glen F
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here one night because the price was right! It was clean and comfortable. The front desk clerk was a college student. She was very friendly. I prefer the Town Place suites across the way but if you are looking for a great price...this is it. Location is close to shopping and restaurants too!

2  Thank motherjanegoose
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the desk clerk was very nice , and explain to me where are all of the amenities we're located in the hotel. the room was very nice and spacious and updated with a flat screen TV and plenty of room for my computer laptop there is a fridge and stove and sink and the entire room was all around hey very comfortable and clean nice place to stay I would highly recommend staying there if you are traveling.

2  Thank Pulse351