I booked a room at this hotel based primarily upon price and recommended it to 3 coworkers. I arrived around 6:30 PM and was given a smoking room. I immediately went back to the front desk and asked for a non-smoking room, but was told there were none available. 20 minutes later a coworker checked in and got a non-smoking room (even though I had been told there were none left). 1 hour later another coworker was told that even though he had a reservation, they didn't have a room for him. At any halfway respectable hotel, this guest would have been given a free room at a comparable hotel. The Candlewood Suite made no attempt to resolve the situation or help him find another room elsewhere. Fortunately, the Wichita Inn had available rooms at an even better rate. At 11 PM, the 3rd coworker arrived and got a non-smoking room -- despite the fact that they told me there were none. I attempted to resolve my issue with the IHG website and they were no help either. The next morning, when I checked out, I explained that I was given a non-smoking room when I requested a smoking and that a coworker was not even given a room. The desk attendant was floored. She said they ended up with an empty non-smoking room that no one used that night and they had several reservations with no credit card on file, so the coworker (who had used a credit card to guarantee the room) should have gotten one of those rooms ---- especially since he checked in after 7 PM and the non-credit card guarantee guests still had not shown up. I was offered extra IHG Rewards points to make up for the horrible room I was given, but those never showed up in my account. My suggestion -- if you travel on business, book the Courtyard by Marriott instead since all of their rooms are non-smoking. If budget is more of an issue, book the Wichita Inn and save a few more bucks and get a much better property and morning doughnuts to boot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. At the Candlewood Suites Wichita Northeast Hotel, we put the amenities where they count, in your room. With our special amenities, such as the full kitchen in all suites we are the perfect alternative to a corporate apartment and anyone looking for a place for an extended stay. You can work at your desk using the free high speed Internet as well as relax in the over sized recliner while you enjoy your favorite CDs or videos from our collection. Visit the Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase frozen entrees, soft drinks and snacks at value prices.We are proud to be a pet friendly hotel, which can be helpful when relocation with pets forces you to leave your old surroundings. Our location also allows easy access to attractions such as the Botanic Gardens, Orpheum Theatre. Various great restaurants such as Outback Steakhouse, PF Changs and Red Robin can be found in the area.We have many specialize hospitals such as Kansas spine, KSRC, Kansas joint & spine and Kansas Heart Hospital within an easy drive. We are in close proximity to companies such as Beechcraft, Koch, Spirit, Flight Safety and Cessna. Other companies like Bombardier, T-Mobile, Cargill and KGB are nearby. Whatever the reason for your travel is we would love for you to join our IHG Rewards Club and stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Wichita Northeast Hotel Wichita
- Candlewood Wichita
- Wichita Candlewood Suites