Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast
Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed for one night using my Club Carlson rewards card + cash night. Great stay. Hotel was clean, inside and out. Loved the little extras provided by Country Inn and Suites. Fresh cookies stocked at the front desk, newspapers readily available. Loved the small selection of books available to read and return. I will definitely bring a few to donate on my next stay. Breakfast was one of the best I have had a hotel. Great selection. Eggs, bacon, french toast, waffle station, hot oatmeal, yogurt and fruit. The pool was closed but we didn't use it anyway. Room was nice and spacious. Great location right at 96 & Rock Rd. Overall excellent stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Vanessa C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Becky,

On behalf of the entire staff of the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast, I want to thank you so very much for your glowing review. Our top priority is taking care of our guests, while providing those little extras that you can only find at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, such as the Read It & Return library.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wichita!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

never stayed in such a place where check in time is after 3 and when we arrived at 530/pm was told our room was not ready and we would have to wait another 20 min.this is unexceptible,then on top of that after we did get checked in the room keys would not open the door on our room,on three different occasions. what kind of establishment (business)is so poorly managed and run like this one.NONE,I TRAVEL TO WICHITA REGULARLY AND WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL OR INN TO ANYBODY I KNOW .AND I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.........

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Vanessa C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Richard B,

My name is Vanessa Cardenas, and I am the General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast. I do truly understand your frustration and disappointment. On behalf of the entire staff of Country Inn & Suites Wichita Northeast, I extend my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced while staying with us. We do strive to give every guest a pleasant experience, which includes a speedy check-in process. And while my staff and I were working our hardest to get everyone checked into their rooms in a timely manner, we had a few behind the scenes challenges that day which prevented us from doing that.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced here. Please know that this was something of an anomaly, and that if you do travel to Wichita in the future, we would be most appreciative of another chance to serve you and your family.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We chose this motel because we were traveling with our dog. Be aware they charge an extra $25 for a pet and allow it if under 25pounds. Typical free breakfast in addition it had a few hot items which i always see as a plus instead of just continental. Free wifi was one of the better I have used. Bed was better than average for this price range. Kids enjoyed the heated indoor pool. Entire motel is nonsmoking - Big plus for me and my family. Overall pretty good for this price range. We would stay at this place again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Vanessa C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hello Allmyfood! On behalf of the entire staff of the Country Inn & Suites Wichita Northeast, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are pleased to hear that you and your family - including your pet - enjoyed your stay with us. Come back and see us the next time you are in Wichita!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was a very nice property. Daily breakfast was a bonus ... our room was clean and well appointed, and the location is very convenient (close to shopping and K96 highway). One drawback was the lack of storage in our room (which normally wouldn't be an issue, but we were staying there for a week and had A LOT of stuff - so, we had to live out of our suitcases). suggestion: There was ample empty wall space in our room, and a couple of hooks on the wall would have helped to store coats.
Also, we booked and paid for our trip online. When we arrived, we presented a debit card for incidentals. A hold was placed on our debit card for the entire cost of our visit, even though we had already paid online with a different card. THAT policy MUST change!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vanessa C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Sunny W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your feedback. On behalf of the entire staff at Country Inn & Suites Wichita Northeast, I want to thank you for your positive comments, and for your suggestions on how to improve service.

I know what an inconvenience it must have been to have your card authorized for more than was necessary. It is our policy to only authorize for incidentals when the room and tax have been pre-paid. I truly apologize for the oversight made during the check-in process. I have shared your comments with the entire front desk staff to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Once again, I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. The next time you are travelling to Wichita, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The remodel seems fairly complete and the whole place seems fresh and new. Breakfast was acceptable, front desk was friendly, bed was fine and I had no problems. My stop was just for one night, and I'd go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Vanessa C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear KD-Welsh,

We are so glad that you like what we've done with the hotel, and that you enjoyed your stay with us! As you can see, the changes were pretty extensive, especially with the addition of the Read It & Return Library, fitness center and guest laundry. I am glad to see the you and our guests appreciate these changes and recognize the friendly service we strive to give to every guest. Thank you for taking the time to write, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wichita!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The room was nice, and housekeeping very good. No one at the desk friday or saturday night, elevator broken down, breakfast buffet served late Saturday morning. Had reserved first floor room, and ended up on second floor. All in all, very disappointing for the money. I will never stay there again!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Vanessa C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Lisa N,

My name is Vanessa Cardenas, and I am the General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites Wichita Northeast. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I can understand your disappointment, and I sincerely apologized for the inconvenienced experienced during your stay. During your time with us, we were still under renovation, and were experiencing some difficulty with rooms being unavailable and some of our services being interrupted. I realize this is no excuse for causing our guests any inconvenience, and I am truly sorry your stay was not a pleasant one.
I am happy to say that we have completed the majority of the property improvements, with only minor items left to be completed. We would very much appreciate another chance to serve in the future should you decide to stay with us again.
Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This place sparkles. Remodeling is almost complete and will be really great. Our room was immaculate with the look and feel of a brand new room. Breakfast was the usual available in a hotel. Help was very cordial and made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Vanessa C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear jazzKansas,

Thank you for staying with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you like the changes we've made with our renovation. Please come see us again in the near future - we'd love to have you back very soon!