“Terrific Stay”

TownePlace Suites Wichita East
Ranked #47 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were in Kansas for a wedding that was actually an hour away. The hotels in Hutchinson were priced 40% higher, so we opted for this location. LOVED IT. The staff were so friendly. Our check in agent, Chris, rocked! He was all about customer service. Other staff members were friendly and kind. What an asset to have a wonderful staff! I am Marriott Gold and have recently been staying with the Town Place brand. It has been a pleasant surprise. The room layout is very nice and everyone has been hospitable. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review of our property. We are very fortunate to have an employee like Chris. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I like the Marriott chain of hotels and stay at them whenever possible. I always know what I'm going to get, a clean and friendly location. This hotel was no exception. It was very convenient to the highway but far enough away to not be bothered by it. The staff was very friendly and the young man at the desk was helpful in directing me to a local theater and restaurant. A very nice stay..thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita. Thanks Again!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a family reunion with certain members staying up to 5 days. It was one of the best deals in terms of price and had a full size refrigerator, sizable room, mini kitchen with dishwasher. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was at the low end of an offering, but that was commensurate with the price. Other nearby motels, including a Mariott Courtyard, probably had better breakfast menus but at a higher price. No pool.
We would choose this facility again for a family get together.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My first time and a TownePlace, but not at an extended stay. The front desk was extremely nice, helpful and chatty. I do like the kitchenette with everything, even a dishwasher. Set up very much like a small studio apt. Had this hotel been about 10-20 a night cheaper I would have given a 5. I'm sure there are hotels with competitive prices that would serve a better breakfast, but that is a one night place vs an extended stay. I did like the fact that it is right off the highway and in a quiet area. I would possibly stay again and would certainly stay again if they took corporate lodging.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
JedSchanz, Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks for your response concerning your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast. This is an area that we are constantly working to improve. Any feedback you have as to how we can improve our breakfast please contact me at wichitagm@ih-corp.com.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

this is an extended stay type of property. The beds are average, but you get a full size fridge and cooking area. Nice for the long term stay. lots of channels to surf through on the TV. They even had FX! Nice!

The place costs about 100, but most hotels in this area are pricier that Wichita in general. The rooms were clean, but a little dated. I would stay here again especially if for an extended visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JedSchanz, Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Wyoming Dan, Thanks for your great review of our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our large selection of TV channels. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I travel a lot to Wichita and have stayed at several of the hotels in the past two years. My favorite by a large margin is the TownePlace Suites. The staff takes care of its guests. They are always happy, helpful, and caring...they make me feel at home.

The rooms are always clean and are just the right size for a frequent traveler. I really like the breakfast buffet and the convenience of the hotel to so many places. However, what really separates this hotel from others is its staff. They are the best.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Imtravel to Wichita 4-6 times each year and this is the only hotel I stay at. Great location, the staff is friendly and attentive, the fitness center could be more as there are only two Stairmasters and one treadmill but at least there is something. I'd recommend this hotel if you are traveling through. You can't go wrong.

Room Tip: 4th floor away from elevator and use th stairs for added exercise