WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Nice clean place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I were on the road and while this hotel was a bit out of the way for us it was a good choice. It was a nice big room with a full kitchenette and was nice and clean. It was within a mile or two of shopping. It is in a nice upscale neighborhood in east Wichita.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Needed a pet-friendly hotel, used points to pay for 4 night stay. Reserved Queen suite and was upgraded to a King upon arrival. Very nice,clean property with helpful staff. Noted previous comments about restaurants within walking distance,but there are plenty of places within a 5 minute drive. Only negative was housekeeping...they only showed up first day, so had to request towels and shampoo the other evenings. (First time, we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door in the morning,but not on the other days). Feel like this was probably just miscommunication, and it would not deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed January 2012
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stay here on all my trips to Wichita. Friendly staff. Quiet rooms. Office area condusive to work.

Room Tip: I always chose the higher floor, Then I can use the stairs for added exercise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BothellEnglandLover
kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Good, clean - nice stay. I like the location. Easy access to shopping yet quiet place to stay when your in for the night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Pratt, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

On 11/08/2011 I had to have some oral surgery in wichita ks. Because we live 80 miles away and I had to return the next morning, I decided to stay in wichita. My husband, daughter and I stopped in at 10:00AM to see if they had any vacancy. We were not expecting to check in at that time. But after explaining what we needed she found us a room and checked us in. Which ended up being a blessing as i was out of surgery by 1:30Pm and was able to go straight to the room. The double bed suite was very comfortable and extremely clean. The layout of room was very comfortable and pleasing. My family could spread out and I curled up in a very comfortable bed. I've never stayed at a TownePlace before but will definitly look for one again. I did not get the lady's name at the desk but thank you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I found the property to be clean and nice. The first room we were given had a bit of a smoke smell. Since Marriott properties are smoke free, I thought that was odd. When I contacted the front desk to let them know, they immediately moved us to another room. She was very helpful and efficient. The room was comfortable and perfect for our needs. The breakfast was simple, yet worked well for us. I thought this property was a very good value for the price that we paid.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

This is a nice hotel with all the amenities and conveniences except for a pool. The YMCA is right up the street though and has a ton of stuff to do for little money.

This is an extended stay type of hotel. We got a very low price with the "name your own price" feature on priceline for a Friday night stay. The hotel is right off the freeway near the airport in a nice area of town. The lobby is simple with the elements of a Marriott hotel. The help at the front desk was 'helpful,' but not overly friendly. They did satisfy all of our requsts though.

My wife loved the decor in the room, which again, was set up for extended stay with a full size refridege, a 2 burner stove, nice kitchen sink and dishwasher. The room we had had a nice pull out sofa and a double bed. The bed is super comfortable and the bathroom is nice with lots of counter space. Beause it's an extended stay, the trash cans are full size which is nice. Internet is really easy and free. TV is modern and nice. Hundreds of channels.

The outside is nice with an attractive courtyard area with nice patio furniture and a gas grill which you could use but probably wouldn't want to. It was dirty, old, and had 2 grilled onions left on the grill from ? If I were them, I'd invest a couple hundred on a new grill every year. It's a nice feature to be able to cook your meal in their nice courtyard and eat at the nice patio furniture (there are 4 or more big tables).

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the stair case as the door to the stairwell slams and shakes the room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family