“don't spend your money no matter how cheap!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East
Ranked #70 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before a few years ago, and thought we would give it a try again. Don't bother staying here. The staff was helpful when I first checked in. The steps to the room are uneven and dangerous if you are not careful. When I got to my room, the bolt lock was ripped off the wall and part of the door jam was broken. When I went to the front desk, the staff could not move us rooms, they said they were sold out. It stunk like smoke in the room, but the hotel is listed as "smoke free". I did not book this room directly through them, or I would have demanded a refund and left, but the area is sold out and we needed the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
wichitagm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

For staying with us, I see there was some issues during your stay. Let me first stay thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention. We value all of our customers and use your feedback to make improvements to our property. If I could ask for you to call to me directly or email me. I would like to get more details from your stay. Once again thank you valued guest.

Priscilla Gonzales

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East

Reviewed July 11, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had to stay here from a Thursday to Tuesday, late June 2013 for my brother's wedding. The only reason being was that my parents and sister had already booked their stay here and so I wanted to stay close by them, otherwise I wouldn't stayed at the Marriott up the road. At first, I thought that the suites were inside the same hotel but it was actually all sectioned up in 8 different building. After you check in at the front desk, and you had to walk through the back to get outside, where you'll be at the pool area and the surrounding 8 buildings. I would say that each building has about 4 suites attached. I as in building #4 and my family were in #3, they put us directly across from each other which was nice but it would had been more convenient had they put us in the same building. As I we walked into the suite you can see and smell that the place is old and outdated. The carpet looked like it needed a good cleaning as it was stained in spots. The place was roomy with a king bedroom downstairs and a queen upstairs with it's own bathroom and shower. There was also a kitchenette next to the living room with a pull out sofa. Expect to hear the air condition going on and off and it could be loud and the internet service is very poor.

They missed cleaning our room both on Saturday and again on Sunday. It didn't really bother me on Saturday as we really stay in the suite that much but when we came back home on Monday after 5:00 passed by, we came back to an unclean suite. I was pretty annoyed by then and called the front desk to get housekeeping. The woman had me on hold for at least 5 minutes and by that time, I just hung up and call back again. The woman answered and I asked her why I was on hold for so long. She explained to me that there was another customer she was helping as no one else was available. I informed her that our suite hasn't been clean for over 2 days and found it to unacceptable. She tells me that all the housekeeper left at 5:00 and no one would be able be out there until the next day. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Why would they send all the housekeepers home without completing their job? So knowing how upset I was, the woman whom I found out that her name is Neema, decided to go above and beyond and left her front desk post to come over and clean the suite. I then come to that hotel management left her to take care of the ENTIRE place all by herself!! Why? Because the company is trying to save money. To do that, they had to sacrifice customer service. The poor woman was scrambling all over the place to help all of her customers. As she was cleaning my room, one guy with kids couldn't get in his room because the room key wasn't working. I told her that she can go help him but she insisted that I was more important. I'm sure that by the end of it all, she probably heard an ear full from him. I felt really bad for her. They SHOULD NOT have left her all by herself. Neema should get a raise and The Hawthorne need to get it together. I would never return here again.

Thank you,Quyen.
For staying with us, during your families special time. I see there might have been some unclear hotel procures that the desk agents should have explained to you for extended stay hotel. We do value all of our guest and use your feedback to making improvements to our property. Hope to see you for future stays.

Priscilla Gonzales

Reviewed July 10, 2013

this hotel is a great place to stay on the outside it looks like an apartment complex they have cute little kitchens in them with nice soft beds they also have wood burning fireplace the only thing the rooms are lacking are flat screen tvs

Room Tip: room 614 is a great room
Reviewed July 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
wichitagm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Surprised by the great kitchen in room.
And the really great breakfasts.
Nice, convenient pool area.
Would certainly reccomend this.

Reviewed July 2, 2013