New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East
Ranked #62 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
colorado
“some good, some bad, some ugly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The most recent was Febuary 2013. The hotel is more like a studio apartment.

The good:
Plenty of room and a full kitchen. I travel on business quite a bit for business and it's nice to be able to bring my own food instead of looking for restaurants. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

The bad:
The internet probably will not work in your room. You can sometimes get a connection is building 7 or 8 but it won't be long before you lose the connection. This has been a problem everytime I have stayed at this hotel. This is important to me as I am traveling on business. I need the internet to get some work done.

The Ugly:
As I said, the room has a full kitchen. This includes a dish washer. There is a sign that says they won't run the dishwasher unless it's full to conserve water. Great idea, I think. One night I returned to find the dishwasher was unloaded. My first thought, "oh, that was nice". On closer examination of a coffee cup, I realized that the dishes were not washed. The dirty dishes were put back into the cuboards. That's pretty gross!!! I wonder how often that happends? That was my last night at the hotel so I decided to put all of the dishes back into the dishwasher and turn it on as I was leaving as to protect the next guest. I wish someone would have protected me.....

Room Tip: Building 8 will have the best in ternet connection.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Travelers also viewed these Wichita hotels
CrestView Suites Wichita
Hampton Inn Wichita-East
La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita
BEST WESTERN PLUS Eastgate Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita East

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East

Property: Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East
Address: 411 S Webb Rd, Wichita, KS 67207-1307 (Formerly Residence Inn Wichita East)
Location: United States > Kansas > Wichita
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #62 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Hotel Class:3 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East 3*
Welcome to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East. Our pet-friendly hotel near Exploration Place is perfect for an extended stay or weekend getaway. Wake up each morning to our free hot breakfast buffet, then go for a refreshing swim in our outdoor pool, relax in our hot tub or take advantage of free passes to the local Genesis Health Club. Stay connected to home and the office with free Wi-Fi, then head to your spacious suite, equipped with a full kitchen. Free parking for cars and trucks of all sizes as well as dry cleaning services and handicapped-accessible and non-smoking suites are available at our Wichita, KS hotel. Join us Monday through Thursday for drinks and hors d’oeuvres at our weeknight social hour. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Wichita East Hotel Wichita