“great place to stay”

Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
A TripAdvisor Member
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have stayed at Hawthorne before and always look forward to coming back. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I enjoy the weekly snack provided. What I like best is the price and the least is that there is not one on the west side of Wichita.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

wichitagm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hawthorn Suites Wichita East wants to Thank you for choosing our Hotel. We appreciate all of our loyal customers, make sure you have sign up for your Wynham Rewards Program for your points. Come and see us soon.

Priscilla Gonzales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
SEATTLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is my 5 visit to Hawthorne and after a recent stay at LaQuinta, do not go there, I returned to Hawthorne and I can honestly say that my stay was much more positive and felt like home. The staff is great and a good breakfast. Overall this is the place I will stay when I'm in Wichita. Thanks Hawthorne.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with Hawthorn Suites East,
We appreciate all of your guest and welcome them back to Hawthorn Suites East. Thank you for your comments on from your recent stay with Hawthorn Suites. Please come and see us when arriving to Wichita Kansas.

SHERWOOD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel is older and dated but the rooms are huge and have full kitchens. We enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

wichitagm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita East, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hello Bridgieee,
Thank you for you comments we enjoyed having you as a guest at The Hawthorn Suites East. We are always looking for ways to improve our services. Hope to see you again. Safe Travels.

Gainesville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I called several days before I had to make a business trip to Wichita and wanted to use my CLC corporate credit card direct bill account. I asked what day they had available for me to reserve and gave them 3 days that I could travel; they gave me 2 of the dates that were open, so I made the reservation and continued making the rest of my travel plans for my job. 2 hours before I arrive to the hotel, they call me and tell me that they didn’t have a room for me and would have to move me to another location. I was very tired when they called after my business trip had me on a 600 miles round trip drive. He told me he could put me up at another motel. I told him I would let him know after I had a chance to research them on line. Needless to say I couldn’t even find the “MOTEL” name they gave me on any search engine through google nor trip advisor. Needless to say, I called him back and let him know how upset I was having to stop mid stream in a town 1 hour away and have to try and find another place to say and I would not stay at the one they suggested. I finally was able to book at the Hampton Inn not far from where the Hawthorne Suits were. I had read on other trip advisors that this hotel would not keep their reservations, but felt it might have been a one time thing. Come to find out, this hotel does this all the time to customer who book through 3rd party reservations places like Trip Advisor, Hotels.com, CLC Corporate website and etc. If I were you, I would not even mess with this property and select another place; it’s just no worth the hassle. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT A RESERVATION IS NOR RESPECT IT.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time making a reservation here, they won't keep it if they can get a full p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen L
Hello Karan,
Thank you for your comments. Hawthorn Suites Wichita East appreciates all of your customers. Hawthorn Suites Hotel is an extended stay hotel and unfortunately there are very few times where we as a hotel, we do have to move our guest to another local hotels. We do confirm the move with the customer. I do appologize about any inconvenience you had. Please do give us another try here at Hawthorn Suites, Karen. Hope to see you soon.

Priscilla Gonzales

Travelers are raving about these Wichita hotels

ULYSSES
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Loved my stay at the Wichita East Hawthorne. Breakfast was wonderful, price was wonderful and the staff was so accommidating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

We greatly appreicate your comments and enjoyed having you here with us at Hawthorn Suites Wichita East. We look forward to seeing you again here in Wichita Kansas. If you have any concerns or bookings please feel free to contact me directly.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

we had a great time.. no food to found in the area after 10pm.. bed sucked to hard. would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

For you comments please come again, We appreciate your customers. Once again Thank You.

LAKELAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We liked the property and thought the suite we had was exceptionally spacious.
The coffee pot didn't work but of course there was coffee available at the breakfast provided.
The property seems a bit shopworn but the staff was friendly and helpful.
Internet worked fine in the bedroom but not in the kitchen.
Suite smelled like smoke --- supposed to be non-smoking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello SJWillis,
Thank you for staying with Hawthorn Suites Wichita East. We appreciate your comments and always looking for ways to improve our hotel. We enjoyed you staying with us and please if coming back to Wichita KS.