New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Extended Stay America - Wichita - East
Ranked #55 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Arrived after hours, to a key to my room alread awaiting me. Room was big and spacious. I felt like I was in an apartment.The size alone is worth the value, the service was impeccable. You must give the hotel a stay.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our service was terrific, our room size was more than accommodating and worth the value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This Hotel has been a property that i've stayed at in the past, but haven't been in area in a while. Upon my arrivel i noticed that they still have the same friendly staff. The room and facility was very clean. They have done some upgrades like new beds and T.V.'s. Their on site laundry and fitness room come in handy for my extened stays. You can tell that the staff takes care of this property. I've stayed in over 8 extented stay property's in the last two years and this property was the best of all. Good Jod Staff!!! I would recommend this Hotel if you are in area. Shopping, good dinning and entertainment in area. Book early cause they sale out fast. Call property for best rate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jdub49la
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that we were able to surprise you with our latest upgrades but that the staff was recognizable to you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this extended stay, off and on for a couple years now. They just undergo a rennovation and it makes my stays much more comfortable and enjoyable now. My kids love the new flat screens that you guys have now and the new mattresses are great too! We really appreciate the staff and management team there. They always say hello when they see us and always gives our sons a sucker when they stop at the front desk. Always will come back to stay here. Great value for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure to call hotel to make special arrangements, for example when we are traveling with our son...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this review, October 1, 2012

Emporia, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

First off I will say that I was lied to by this motel when I called to request our room be no smoking and for 2 queen beds since we was traveling with our 2 children. I was told on the phone they was booked the first night of our stay that they would give us a room that had 1 queen and a fold out couch and the next day they would move us to a room with 2 queens. Also it was a smoking room that smelled so bad of smoke it was horrible. After a long night of sleeping on the floor with my 5 year old and my oldest slept on a dirty looking smoke smelling couch because the fold out was horrible. I wnt down to speek to the staff about putting us in our other room was told they was sold out but they had a room that had just put new carpet but I would have to wait until a manager got there. So I went back down an hour later and was told by a manager that they had no rooms available and I asked at least if they could put us in no smoking and they pretty much just told me I was out of luck. So we had to stay the next 3 nights in this dirty, smoke smelling room. We was in wichita for a fun trip for our kids and it was ruined by our stay at this motel. I would recomend if your thinking about staying here rethink. There our much nicer motels in wichita to stay in. We had used priceline to book this motel and was locked in with no refund but I will never put my kids in that situation again. If that had not been the case I would have walked out the first night. They keep telling me they are happy to be home and not in that stinky motel.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Juani R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Juani - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you and your family experienced while staying with us. As a company, we designate certain rooms as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. A guest should always be provided with their room-type request; I am saddened this was not the case for you.

I have met with the entire staff and used your review as an example when going over our company policies and procedures. We will work together to improves our processes in order to ensure this type of situation is not repeated.

Travelers are raving about these Wichita hotels

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Granted, when I stayed here, the first floor was being repainted, so the front entrance was not available. Understandable. However, the hotel management did a TERRIBLE job of directing new guests where to go to check in. I circled the entire building trying to find an unlocked door, had to sneak in a service entrance (?), and eventually found the backdoor to the front desk. Wow.

Then the room just smelled kind of funny. And I hope it's just my imagination, but I think there may have been bed bugs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

As this hotel's manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a very reasonably-priced hotel with large rooms featuring a full kitchen, which our family always appreciates. We got in very late after visiting family and the key was left at the front for us thankfully, Our room was clean and we had no problems. They are rennovating the first floor at this time, but we smelled no paint fumes, or experienced any other issues with that. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cerelia
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

McLouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is very good for an extended stay hotel. The staff was great. I was looking for some place that I could cook my own meals and make this my temporary home. I was there for 4 months. It fit the bill perfectly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeannie P
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Wichita - East, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Wichita - East. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.