“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
artwriter
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed January 10, 2009

On our way to visit family for the holidays, we stayed at this nice hotel. It is plain, clean, and the staff was courteous. The firm beds and abundant pillows were comfortable. We did not hear the nearby highway, but that may have been because the air handling unit noise covered it up (it was loud, we thought). The buffet breakfast resembles most inexpensive hotels with "make your own" fresh waffles and various breads, juices, fresh apples and bananas. No elevator, so trekking up to our second floor room was a little more work than we had anticipated, but we are not handicapped, just spoiled. The room was rather large and a bit nicer than we expected--see photos. We would stay here again even though it is at the south end of Wichita. The location allows quick access to interstate 35 and the bypass encompasses the west side of the city. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Geneseo, IL
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Although it is right off the highway, in the rooms I stayed at (I've been there twice) you couldn't here the traffic and bustle going on. It's in a great location for me because my family stops halfway in Wichita for our annual spring break Texas trip.
Cons: the hallways are a little "junky"
but the rooms are a lot nicer than the halls.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the hallways
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Kansas
Reviewed December 10, 2007

Over the past few years I've tried at least 6 of the moderate to inexpensive Wichita hotels without finding one I wanted to stay at a second time.

Until I tried the Days in and Suites on South Laura. After 4 stays, I have been happy every time. It has been reasonably priced & clean, and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the staff. Even the wifi works well. I will be returning in a few weeks.

It is nothing fancy, but it does a good job for what it is.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank lighthouselovertoo
Michigan
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Since I had stayed here in 2006 and was allowed to check in early, I did it again in 2007. TWO desk people agreed that I would check in early and be charged for only one day/night. This location is not very convenient for me to visit the other places I had to go, but I stayed here ONLY because of this agreement.

When I checked out (before the official checkout time), I was charged DOUBLE the agreed-upon rate. After taking another hour for discussion with a desk clerk and assistant manager, the assistant manager refused to change it (she is the wife of the manager). I could see errors and deliberate changes on the original bill and other documents regarding dates, times, and agreed-upon rates, and saw her make changes even while I was watching.

I reported all this to corporate headquarters, and even though they investigated, they had to go by what the manager told and sent them.

I will stay at other Days Inns in the future, but NEVER at this one again. I will recommend that anyone who stays here should get ALL rates, dates, times, etc., in writing before staying, otherwise be prepared for this same kind of problem with being overcharged.

One evening and one night desk clerks were polite, considerate, and tried to be helpful. The others (days) were not.

• Disliked — Assistant manager's attitude and being charged double the agreed-u[on rate.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lionflower1
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Ok, to be fair, if you are staying at a Days Inn, you probably know what to expect, but I was here because I failed to book a room on a Wednesday night and could not find another room. My first 2 nights were at the Marriott Courtyard Old Town, which I thought was "nice". This hotel is right next to the Turnpike, and not much more. There must be a truck dock near, I heard the BEEPING of backing up trucks all night. Good thing I had two beds, because the stained linens in the first bed I was getting into were repulsive. I only had one ant craw on me, but that freaked me out the entire night thinking there were more. At about 10:30 pm, what sounded like a parking lot brawl between a lady and a man was clearly moved from the inside hallway to the parking lot by the hotel employee. The only way this hotel is 3 years old is if it was something else for the previous 20. If you are used to staying in a Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Sheraton, etc...I'd pass on this one big time. PRO's: Free Internet, Free Morning Snack (they called Breakfast)

• Liked — Free Internet
  • Disliked — Gross
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
northern Mo
Reviewed June 1, 2006

we stayed at the days inn on S. Laura may 2006. The room smelled real bad and the bed was in bad shape. It is suppose to only be three years old but this hotel did not seem that new at all. The staff was friendly but I would never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 12, 2006

I stayed for one night in one king bed room and was very satisfied with the room. Everything was clean and up-to-date. There was a refrigerator in the room, although I didn't use it.

Room: Clean and up-to-date. Bed was average, not great, not bad. No closet, two-drawer dresser, and sink/vanity was right in the entry way of the room, spearate from the bathtub and restroom. Nice decor and everything worked. Plenty of hot water and very good water pressure in the shower. Free wireless internet access in room worked fine. Air conditioner also worked fine.

Lobby: Staff was courteous and well-trained. Free continental breakfast was adequate, standard fare, nothing special. Complimentary USAToday newspapers available.

Hotel location: Pretty convenient, easy on/off I-35. Although it was close to the highway exit ramp, the traffic noise was not bothersome. The hotel grounds were well-kept and clean.

With a AAA rate of less than $50.00 per room, I was very pleased with my stay. As I was only passing through the Wichita area, I have no idea how convenient the location is to area attractions so I can't comment on that. But if I needed to stay a night or two while traveling through the area, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006