Best Western Plus Wichita West Airport Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Regency Inn(Wichita)
View Hotel
All reviewshampton innroad constructionoatmealfront desk staffoutdoor poolnext morningroom was cleanlate checknice breakfaststay there againexercise roomgreat place to staythe hotel staffparking lotexcellent hotelpleasant stayfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2007

This is a clean and well-maintained property. Maybe a step above the average for Hampton Inns.

The rooms were of a good size and clean. The whole propery was nicely
maintained and attractive, though not much of a view with it nestled right up against the ramp off of a major road! (Double windows really
cut down on the road noise, a nice touch as I was concerned about highway noise being that close to the road. But I wasn't even woken by a major thunderstorm that woke friends who live in the area.)

The breakfast area was really well maintained and restocked constantly by two very pleasant attendants.

If you go to this hotel, make sure you have good directions. It can be a little difficult to get into. Coming one direction on the highway (from downtown) you can turn in right off the ramp from the higway. Coming from the airport side you have to go down a side street and turn in at a restaurant where you can't even really see the hotel and it isn't marked.

I thought it was priced just a little high for Hampton Inn... but it IS right by the airport and isn't far from downtown.

It was a pleasant stay though.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank cactusbear
Reviewed May 18, 2007

This hotel is a perfectly decent, perfectly acceptable Hampton, so don't let the fact that the hallways smell like the world's largest pair of dirty sweat socks, stop you from staying there. My room had no particular odor at all - amazingly enough. In fact, my room was very nice; I somehow managed to snag a larger room at the far end of the hallway that had a sort of dining area. I've never seen a Hampton before that had this setup - a square wooden table and four upholstered dining chairs, attractive pendant light above, and a counter with a bar sink, microwave and mini-refrigerator. Plus, since I was at the end of the hall, I could exit the hotel at that door and had only a quick dash through the rain to my car, parked in the lot outside.

Also, want to pass along a recco for the restaurant across the parking lot from the hotel - Charlie C's Diner, I think it was called. Don't let the cheezy exterior (complete with a 10-foot mug of beer outlined in neon) put you off. The people were very friendly and I had a lovely piece of salmon with a citrus glaze, and some sauteed veggies, for about $12.50. Much better than the Red Lobster up the road, which I tried on Night #2.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank Charla
Reviewed August 1, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton West in July and it was one of the best and most reasonable we have stayed at for a long time. The room was big and spacious and easy to accomadate. The breakfast was fantastic and we were there as a large family group and were treated very well. The staff made it personable to us by giving us a nice card with water,cookies,crackers and tea and wrote on the card and thanked us for picking them for our special event the next day. Our sons wedding!!. What a nice gesture that was. I would reccomend this motel-hotel to anyone and will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank nemo3234
Reviewed July 29, 2006

We stayed here with other family members for a wedding in Wichita, and had a very pleasant experience. We found the rooms bigger than average with a large King size bed, couch, desk, and over-stuffed chair and ottoman. The staff was more than helpful, especially the help at the breakfast buffet. She went around to see if you needed anything and took your plates and cups to the trash for you. She was very friendly and remembered you the next morning. The buffet had bisquits, sausage gravy, muffins, toast, bagels, oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit of every kind, and lots of different juice, milk, hot chocolate, and coffee. It was quiet and plenty of parking, with a real nice restraurant called Willy-C's within walking distance next door. The price of the rooms was very inexpensive as we have paid much more for such nice accommodations. We would stay there again if in the Wichita area.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2006

The hotel staff is great and the rooms clean and in excellent shape. The free breakfast included coffee, juices, cold cereal, pastries, eggs, sausages, bagels, muffins and toast.
Ample parking and good location on Kellog. Very quiet. Only drawback, rooms not very big.

• Stayed: June 2006