“They will make a luggage tag from your business card!”

Best Western Plus Wichita West Airport Inn
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Even though this seems like a small thing, I found it to be a very nice gesture, and useful, too! This is what stands out for me about this property.

I mentioned to the front desk staff that the signage seen from the road could be better placed and it was explained that they were aware of this and had legitimate issues that were preventing them from improving the signs. I was offered dinner suggestions and used a coupon for a complimentary appetizer at a local steakhouse. There was a bottle of water & a packet of cookies in my room. Many Hamptons don't recognize loyalty status at all.

I chose this location due to its proximity to the airport, but the surrounding area isn't going to offer much in the way of upscale dining options.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank julieOO

Reviewed October 31, 2012

They have the greatest staff. Nice people willing to go out of their way. They were kind the rooms were clean. I travel for business three weeks every month. It's a Hampton so it's not a 5 star vacation resort. However it is the best Hampton I have ever been to. I checked out before the shuttle was running in the morning and they called a complimentary cab.
Great staff ....did I mention that already ?

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ssmit059
Reviewed October 23, 2012

First trip to Wichita. Selected this location because of it's proximity to my customer. VERY close to highway but heard NO highway noise. My room was clean, comfortable and the temperature easily regulated. The bed was comfortable and clean.
The front desk staff made me feel welcome and made great recommendations for local dining.
The breakfast was standard for Hampton. Plenty of well lit parking. Felt safe in the area when coming and going.

Room Tip: I try to stay on the top floor away from the elevators and stairwells. Less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LadyTraveler333
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here nearly every month the past couple of years but the last few times it has really slidden downhill. My room has been dirty, people noisy, prices rising and they stopped offering SWA frequent miles though the other Hamptons in town still offer them. I am moving on to another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
LarryWichita, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wichita West Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent a night here recently. As a frequent visitor to Hampton Inn's (and other 3-star properties in other chains), we have a reasonably good 'basis for comparison'. This location is okay -- but that's probably at the high end of our experience. Our assessment of the morning breakfast offering was that it was 'okay (but certainly not anything beyond that)'. Our room was clean and comfortable, but - for the rate charged - it would wind up as 'okay (at best)'.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is one of the best Hampton's that we have stayed in and we have stayed in several. Very clean, wonderful staff and great breakfast. Would definitely stay here again if I am in the area. This is a very quite location even though if is very close to the highway.

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor, very quite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and neat. Its a very quiet hotel, considering it's location next to a highway. The breakfast was ok, but overall great stay here...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business