“Hampton Inn Wichita East”

Hampton Inn Wichita-East
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was the most beautiful Hampton Inn we've ever stayed at. The staff was very efficient and friendly. Check-in took 1 minute! The room was beautifully furnished with comfortable beds and was very quiet. Breakfast was good, including Krispy Kreme donuts.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had stayed here in February & it was not the best hotel stay we'd ever had. The general manager comped our room which was greatly appreciated. On our way back from AZ, we decided to give this hotel another chance. We are glad we did. The room was great, service was very good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was very please with my stay. The staff was very helpful and cheerful. The hotel is very clean and well stocked. I will be going back in the summer for medical trip and will be coming back. Thank You

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 22, 2014

What can I say that I haven't already said about our stays with hampton, staff very friendly and welcoming. Rooms/bathrooms always very comfortable, clean and quite. The continental breakfast was the normal stuff all good and dining area very clean. we didn't get to say & enjoy breakfast, but they have grab bags with a couple of small snacks, a piece of fruit and a bottle of water in a little brown bag you can grab on the way out, which we enjoyed on the road. We will stay again if in the area. 2nd Hampton in 2 days we love the over all consistency of Hamptons.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a pet friendly hotel so don't be surprised if you hear dogs barking throughout the day and night. To the person that says this is the cleanest hotel ever, clearly has a different perception of clean. How clean can it really be if animals are allowed all over the place? The room floors can't be mopped because they are carpeted, nor are they shampooed. All they do is vacuum the floor and pets' are constantly in the hotel. Quite disgusting to me. I stayed here for several long days (16 days to be exact) so I got to experience it all. Oh and there is absolutely no option to clean the treadmills before or after use. Had I known all the negatives, I would've cancelled before checking in. Never again though. Just because something looks clean on surface does not make it clean.

• Stayed: April 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear MrsSheMeHer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is true that we are a pet friendly hotel, but we go to great lengths to fully clean a room after a pet has stayed in it. We take great pride in being able to offer our guests a clean and comfortable stay. I apologize if you received anything but that. I hope that you will allow us another chance to change your mind on your next trip to Wichita.

Dave R.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Quick note: it's kind of tucked away behind some other hotels so keep that in mind when you're looking for it. The staff was very friendly and pleasant, and the free breakfast was great in the morning before we left to continue on our road trip. I always really appreciate the free wi-fi as well. When we first stepped out of the elevator onto the floor that our room was on, I noticed they were doing some renovations which kind of worried me at first glance; however, there were absolutely no issues and it didn't affect the quality of our stay negatively at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in several Hampton Inns and I must say this hotel has to be the first Hampton Inn ever built! Everything is small. Starting with the lobby, it is about the size of a my old apartment's kitchen. There is one elevator and that too is small. The fitness center is the worst. Very small and It includes only 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical machine, absolute NO weights for those who actually work out for results! The indoor pool area is very plain, as if they didn't care to decorate that area at all. The lounge area had been updated but it's not spacious at all. The complimentary breakfast could be a lot better. They offer a lot of sweets but not much of anything else. They include the breakfast meat in the eggs, so if you don't eat eggs like myself, you don't have an option of eating any meat, just sweets and potatoes. Speaking of food, the vending machines had expired snacks in them. It seems as if they are trying to update this facility but it still needs a lot of work. The doors on the rooms look as if they are at least 25 years old, they even had one of those old looking doors on the outside of the one elevator that they have. Weird. The room sizes are standard and decent and did smell good upon entrance but I walked into the bathroom and dust was settled on the counter and the towel storage and the bathroom floor had not been mopped! The only good thing I could say is that the customer service is immaculate, everyone was cheerful and very helpful but I guess with what is offered, having bad customer service would really suck. Overall, I would NOT stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Vandas1116,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn Wichita East. I'm glad to hear that our customer service was wonderful and that my staff was helpful and cheery. Please accept my apologies that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. We just completed a full renovation of our hotel and are excited to be able to show it off to our guests. As you mentioned, we did not replace the room doors, and I'm sorry if they were not to your liking. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind on your next trip to Wichita.

Dave R.