“Great location”

Hampton Inn Wichita-East
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently spent five nites at this hotel while on a business trip. The hotel has a great location, very close to I-35, one block from Kellogg Ave. Full service car wash, Walmart, plenty of restaurants are two miles away. This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. The room was up to Hampton's standards.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Dave R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I woudl like to thank you for staying with us and for coming back and staying a second time for 5 nights. We always look forward to seeing our guest return to our Hampton Inn when in Wichita as it lets us know we are taking good care of you while you are here. Thank you for your comments and we will see you next time your in town.

Dave R.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently traveled home from Colorado and due to winter weather it took us a day longer than expected. We ended up stopping in Wichita at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised at the great deal we found with this hotel. Not only was it priced very reasonably, but the room was SPOTLESS and smelled fresh and clean. We slept amazingly well in our quiet corner room. The hot breakfast was wonderful because there were so many choices (fruit, waffles, bagels, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, etc.) and the staff obviously took pride in keeping the items stocked and the breakfast area neat and tidy.

The hotel did seem to be in a rather unpleasant area, but was surrounded by several other hotels which made it feel safer. We were a little wary about venturing out for dinner after we arrived but thankfully there was a delicious Chinese food restaurant that delivered to the hotel.
Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for staying with us while in Wichita. Thank you for your comments as well. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Dave R.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

For the price, this hotel was a huge disappointment boarding on gross. The hallway smelled strongly of smoke, the pool was cold and many portions of grout or caulking were cracked and or discolored. The room is dated, and the carpet corners are discolored from such a buildup of dirt in the very corners. The caulking around the bathroom fixtures was cracked and discolored, and looked sloppily repaired in places. The bed was sufficient, and the internet worked well. There was no microwave or mini fridge. We stayed in a different city at another chain the previous weekend for the same price, and the difference between the state of the hotel should have been $30 vs the $120

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Alerixon,

I would like to thank you for staying with us while in Wichita. I would like to apologize for the Fire Alarm incident. I also wanted to let you know that we are Currently in the process of remodeling the hotel. We started in the lobby and pool area, breakfast area and added a fitness center. We will be finishing the rooms and hallways starting in August or September. Our last update was in 2007. We do have rooms with a microwaves and minifridge unfortunetly you did not book one. I would asked that if you come back to Wichita please give us another opportunity to serve your stay needs. Again, I apologize for the fire alarm and hope to see you again.

Dave Rasmussen
Hampton Inn East
Wichita, Ks 67207
316-686-3576

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was ok. Check-in process was simple. When we got to our room, it appeared to be clear. It was roomy although it was a little stuffy. The beds were a little higher that I would have liked. I felt like I was jumping to get into them. They were comfortable though.

The second night we were there, I had to call the front desk as I found ants crawling all over the desk. Where they came from I don't know. I called again and asked to be moved when my daughter found them crawling on her bed. They moved use next door, but didn't really apologize for the inconvenience.

If I stay in Wichita again, I'd probably check out the other Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Softball Mom:
I would like to thank you for staying with us while you were in Wichita. I want to apologize for the ants in your room and for my GSA who should have apologized at the time. I want to let you know we have a a pest control program and I'm not sure why we had ants. I also want you to know that I have 100% you for 1 night and you should see a credit in 3 to 5 business days. Again, I am sorry for this issue and hope you will stay with us again when you are in Wichita Ks.

Davis Rasmussen
GM
Hampton Inn
davis.rasmussen@hilton.com
316-686-3576

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Not the most elegant of the Hampton Chain. But, if you trust Hampton, this lower cost facility should not disappoint. It is on the East end of town. Staff very friendly. Rooms are clean. Hampton varies from new and impressive to older and just fair values....I'd say this particular HI is of the latter type. If you business is on the East end of Wichita you are likely in good shape.

Room Tip: Quiet location. Hard to find but, decent clean hotel and a fair value.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dave R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I want to thank you for staying with us while in Wichita. I also thank you for your comments. Our last update was in 2007 and I am happy to let you know we are actually going to be doing an upgrade to our hotel this fall. We have completed the first part this past summer. We added a fitness center, business center and upgraded the breakfast area. This fall we will complete the guest rooms and hallways. We have also added 12 new access points and upgraded our wireless internet. I hope to see you often and you will notice all our upgrades as we complete them. We also have put new mattresses on all our beds. Again, Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see each time you are in Wichita.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love Hamptons, but this is the most dated, poorly maintained and managed Hampton I have ever stayed at. The bathroom had stains all around the tub. The bedroom carpet looked dirty and the furniture was dated. The room didn't feel warm like the normal Hamptons do. Worst part was the wall climate control until was loud and squealed throughout the night. Did I mention the breakfast served browning bananas. I took the best looking one, but it still was soft. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I want to thank you for staying with us while in Wichita. I also thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize to you and let you know your stay experience is not typical of my hotel. I would like to encourage you to always stop and talk to me as I am in the hotel from 6:45am until 5 pm and always want to help with any issues for our guests. As per the Hampton in 100 % guarantee we did refund you one night room and tax. We are actually going to be doing an upgrade to our hotel this fall. We have completed the first part this past summer. We added a fitness center, business center and upgraded the breakfast area. This fall we will complete the guest rooms and hallways. We also have put new mattresses on all our beds. I thank you for staying with us and we hope to see each time you are in Wichita.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of Hamptons, from a kid on vacation to a business traveler. This hotel was right on par for a Hampton Inn. It's one of the older ones in the area. If you want to see how Hampton has evolved over the years, visit the Hampton on Greenwich, it's amazing. This property has to deal with being an older property but still live up to the values of a Hampton. And it does. Is it dated? Yes. Is it clean? Absolutely. Is the staff friendly and attentive? For sure. In the future they need to look at a remodel, but for now it gets to job done at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dave R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I want to thank you for staying with us while in Wichita. I also thank you for your comments. We are actually going to be doing an upgrade to our hotel this fall. We have completed the first part this past summer. We added a fitness center, business center and upgraded the breakfast area. This fall we will complete the guest rooms and hallways. We have also added 12 new access points and upgraded our wireless internet. I hope to see you often and you will notice all our upgrades as we complete them. P.S. we also have put new mattresses on all our beds. Again, Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see each time you are in Wichita.