“Easy to get to - Great Staff”

Hampton Inn Wichita-East
Ranked #9 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is one of the best Hampton Inns I have stayed in for basically the staff. The room are normal rooms and nothing out of the norm, but at least they have the upgraded flat screen TV’s and pillow top mattresses. The breakfast was really one of the best and help make the trip over the top. I traveled with my adult daughter and we had went out to the Kansas Star Casino the night before and she slept late; she came down late to eat breakfast and it had already been closed down for the most part. However, a staff member seen she was trying to at least get something they had left covered up and left for the guest, she came around from behind the counter and gave us a carry bag to go breakfast. I was so impressed I had to tell the lady how wonderful she was and will let people know how nice everyone here is.

Room Tip: Get up in time for breakfast and you will be pleasantly surprised.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent one night on Sep 2nd .The facilties were clean and nice, the room was very comfortable and the pillows were superb ( which is hard for me to say) and the A/C unit was kind of quiet which made our stay nicer. Continental breakfast was average like any other hotel of this category. The personnel at front desk were below average ( not reachable and/or amicable) from my previous experience in other Hampton's hotels.

Room Tip: Stay out of the 1st flor if yuo want a quiet night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

All Hampton Inns are pure quality but this one went to 150 %. We were there for a family affair and they were so helpful in every way. My sister-in- law had a problem with the hem in her skirt, one of the staff had tayloring experience and fixed her hem in a jiffy. The rooms were clean and the beds were heaven. The duvets are cleaned every day. The brunch was wonderful. So when in Wichita, this is a 5 star in my book.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 44Idaho
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Good location and usual Hampton Inn fair. Hotel was under construction for remodeling. Front breakfast area was moved to a couple suites. Other than that the staff did their best to keep the construction from bothering us. Rooms are nice, beds are comfy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a good decent hotel if you are in town for business. The rooms are comfortable and there is a free breakfast in the morning. There is no restaurant at the hotel but there are some in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I really like the Hilton chain of hotels, so it pains me to write this review. The breakfast is just like every other Hampton Inn with oatmeal packets, boxes of cereal, skim and 2% milk available. There is a mean and a side item available. 3 different types of coffee and hot water each morning.

My biggest issue with this hotel is that there is NO workout room. Traveling for business, I need to have a place to work out each day. I was upset that it was not even an option and therefore I left my stay early. I would not stay at this hotel again.

This hotel is in a decent area very close to the Expressway.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trueohioplaya
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I met our daughter and her family there so that we could pick up our grandson for an overnight visit. The property is older but they have done a good job keeping it up...no complaints there. We really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet. They have a noon check out which would be great except there was a "little" pressure to check out earlier than that so the housekeeping staff could in the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family