“You get what you pay for!”

Howard Johnson Inn Wichita Airport
Ranked #55 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great location. Lobby and hallways smelled like 1995. Bed was rock solid and neither of us had a good nights rest. Good selection of breakfast items.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hotel was fine and room was fine. The people next door (118) were noisy - TV on loud at 2:00 am; but we didn't complain - just put the fan on continual and that helped drown out the noise. That is not the staff's fault.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here a number of times over the years, so we knew we could expect a clean room at a great price. We got that. They have done a nice job of maintaining this property over the years. Some negatives on our last visit: The walls must be paper thin - noise coming from the hallway was quite noticeable, even though the folks were not out of line in their levels of conversation. It is located close to the airport, but Wichita doesn't have many night-time flights, so that's not a major issue. However, the sounds of ecstasy coming from an amorous couple nearby kept me awake for quite awhile. Strangely, smoking and non-smoking rooms are intermingled in the same hallway. On a couple of occasions, I felt overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke upon emerging from my non-smoking room. The continental breakfast? - not much, but about what you expect from a cheap roadside hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was in town for my daughter's pageant- 3 kids ranging from 6 months to 13, plus my husband. I am VERY picky about hotels and one of the reviews caught my eye- don't judge it by the outside. Sort of in a not too good area, but these people were very considerate and provided genuine concern for us. They made sure we were equipped with enough towels, and very courteous. The room was very nice, (aged) but clean and spacious with fridge, micro and cable tv for a very affordable price. And breakfast included??? What?? The "high-end competition 10 min away didn't provide ANY of the above. I know this because we knew a few people from this hotel which was where the pageant was held. :) We definitely needed all the ammenities after the expense we spent on her pageant. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Just keep the doors locked. :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

First time to stay in this hotel and it was a pleasant surprise. Based on the pricing, I did not expect much. I had a smoking room which did not smell like smoke at all. Since I am a non-smoker I appreciated that. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. The A/C worked well which was very important since the temps were in the 100's that day. There are several restaurants within walking distance or a very short drive. It is very near the airport but I did not notice any noise from that even though I was on the top floor. I have already booked another stay there in a couple of weeks! You go HoJo!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just stayed again at this property, As always, a great, economical place to stay. Nice, clean rooms, cool breakfast in the morning, and if you"re flying out of Wichita, they will even pay for your cab ride to the airport. The only place I've every stayed while in town. Probably spent more than 30 nights here, and have never had one problem or concern.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank rw2702
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Overall the service was good but the room that we got smelled terrible. I know some of the rooms are smoking rooms, but we got a non smoking room and the smell was a combination of smoke and basement. When I got home everything from my clothes to laptop case smelled. Also don't expect much from the breakfast they offer, a combination of pop tarts and honey buns, I could have eaten better out of the vending machine.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family