“I would definitely stay here again.”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Wichita West
Ranked #66 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
St. Louis
“I would definitely stay here again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

We were a little unsure about staying here since the reviews were split on this hotel, but it was most convenient for the wedding we were attending. However, upon arrival, it was very very clean, up-to-date and modern, with large rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot and provided scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuit and gravy, juices, pancakes, potatoes, fruit, french toast, cereal and bagels which is much more then other hotels in this price range offer. It was very peaceful, quiet, and decorated very well. The only item that was not up to par was the ice machine was out on our floor and the business center computer was down. I would definitely stay here again and the pictures on the internet do not do it justice at all.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
jasisjess
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

I stayed at this hotel and I paid in advance. When I had to leave they were suppossed to reimburse me and they did not. It was a 1200 dollar mistake!! Everytime I call they give me the run around. They say only 1 person here can do it and she's not here so like always I leave a message and it never get's returned. It's August now and I'm still fighting with them to get my money! I wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone!!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Wichita hotels

Lawrence, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

I had a billing dispute with the manager. It never was resolved to my satisfaction. The manager was pretty unresponsive. However, the staff is good to work with.

The wireless internet access is problematic. It's a problem that needs to be fixed.

The breakfast isn't worth it if you have to eat it more than 2 days in a row. The eggs are terrible. Not much of the breakfast is freshly cooked as it is microwaved. It would be nice if they used real plates and cutlery instead of plastic and styrofoam.

The rooms I've been in aren't suites. However, they are spacious and clean. The sheets are wonderful. I'd like to get some for home. The bathroom and shower is good.

The only reason I stay here is that it is very convenient to my work when I'm in town on business. Otherwise, it's on a busy street in the midst of suburban sprawl.

• Liked — Location to work site
  • Disliked — breakfast quality and internet access problems
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Xwards
arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

Imagine making a reservation over a month ahead of time and upon arrival having the desk clerk read you a note on their copy stating that management couldn't rent the room at the quoted rate. Seems there was a wedding taking place in the hotel so the rooms were all booked for the weekend - at a rate far above the normal weekend rate. Sound unlikely? So I thought. But it happened to me.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Victorville,CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2007

Climbed into bed to enjoy a book, until I found several bugs running through the sheets and pillows!!! UGH! Captured them in a water bottle and took them to the front desk. Clerk said she had only been there 2 weeks and wasn't aware of a bug problem. Moved me to the last available room and guess what?! It had bugs too! Although these were content to stay in the A/C vents and on the floor directly under the A/C. DISGUSTING!! The breakfast was HORRIBLE - stale, hard, and a complete waste of time.

Upon check out I asked for a credit (one night) for the room charge. I was told that the Manager would have to handle my request. He has been MIA every day since I checked out and
has not/will not return my calls.

IF THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHOICE FOR A PLACE TO SLEEP - STAY IN YOUR RENTAL CAR!!!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank lvandegrift
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2007

I was expecting a suite but what we got was a large motel room. The room was big enough to accommodate two queens but we had a single king. A single lounge chair inadequately filled the empty space. The room was clean and comfortable. The hallway carpets on both the lower
and upper floors were very dirty. Some spots may have been from the numerous days of rain in the area but there were plenty of what appeared to be spill stains, not very appealing on the light colored carpet. The complimentary hot breakfasts were great.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — It wasn't a suite
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

We stayed at the Hawthorn Suites Wichita KS June 7 - 10. The staff is wonderful but the room was a mess. When we were getting in bed I noticed one pillow case had blood and make up on it. I put the pillow on the floor and the next morning set it in the center of the bed and removed the notice so the bedding would be changed. When we returned to the room that eve the same pillow case was still on the pillow and the bedding had NOT been changed. The water glasses we used were still in the room and no clean ones. The desk had a small powder make-up spill and it was still there. The dirty coffee cups used that am were still where they were left. I took the pillow to the desk and asked the young lady if she would sleep on it. They stated they were having housekeeping problems and would give us a credit for the trouble. Imagine our suprise the next eve when we returned to find no hand towels,the sheets still unchanged, the same dirty glassed, no bath mat , no wash cloths, no coffee, same dirty desk and the sink had not been cleaned. The whirlpool bath was never cleaned the entire stay. I wiped it out myself before each use. I informed the front desk at checkout that the room was unacceptable and I wrote a lengthy comment letter to the management. Upon arriving home I contacted both Hawthorn Suites and the parent company Hyatt. I have not heard from any of these to this date. The property is very nice, the breeakfast is good and the evening social hour is a nice feature but for the price of the rooms I expect them to be clean. The floor was never vacuumed the entire stay. We had planned on making a new reservation for July but we will stay elsewhere. The credit on my bill was $20.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — Room cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple