“Served its Purpose” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Lake Forest, California
“Served its Purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We recently took a quick weekend trip to Wichita to visit family. We were looking for a cheap hotel close to the airport and city. The Clarion was right next to the airport which worked really well for us. You get a lot of highway and airport noise, but that should be expected. My biggest problem was how dirty the hotel was during our stay. Their was a layer of dirt on the toilet paper holder and many other places. The place served its purpose, but we will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Clarion_ks003, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for giving us an oppurtunity to serve you.. We do understand due to the geographical location, and the airport being so close it gets a bit inconvenient.. We appreciate you letting us know that the toilet roll holders are not looking good.. we will arrange to replace tham. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the Clarion at the end of summer for a business trip in Wichita. It was an average experience. Apparently, the night I was there was also the same night as a big softball tournament in town, so every room at the Clarion was booked. I had to stand in line about 30-40 minutes to check in (I had a reservation, thank goodness) because the line was so long at the front desk. I was a little worried about the room I would end up in, though, because several people were also complaining to the front desk that their air conditioners had quit working in their rooms.
When I finally got into my room, I was relieved to find that my air was nice and cold. The only problem was that my room was located in the back of the hotel, where the entrance was not lit very well. As a female traveling alone, I would have preferred a more secure entrance.
The room was clean and cozy, however, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom needed some maintenance. In fact, this part of the hotel needed some updates and perhaps some refurbishing. It was a little run-down. The front half of the hotel looked much nicer from what I could tell, so I recommend trying to get rooms in the front and not in the back.
My room was also (unfortunately) under the stairs - so ALL night long, it was THUMP THUMP THUMP up and down the stairs. Like I said, there were a lot of kids there for a softball tournament, so you can imagine the noise. This, however, is an isolated event, so I don't hold that against the hotel.
Overall, I would not go back to the Clarion, because there are nicer options for the same price in Wichita.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the back of the hotel. Get to breakfast early if you want it fresh - it was not r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for bringing to our attention your endeavours at our hotel. We will take every action to ensure such events are not repeated. Thanks!
Pleasant Hill, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Disappointed in the hotel. Checking in was easy and the staff were friendly. The room was okay, but the airport must be extremely close. Sounded like we were on the runway which made sleeping extremely difficult. Also, the AC made a roar which added to the inability to get a good night's sleep. The main reason we stayed there was to get a good night's sleep as we were on a long vacation trip. Outside our room in the night, there was an argument that became very loud. Thought we were going to have to call the police, but it ended. We would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were tired after being in a business meeting in Kansas city all day so we arrived late....went to check in and the staff seemed more interested in whatever they were doing prior to our arrival but that is not the worst the hall leading to our room was dirty and stunk, our room was full of bugs all over the bathroom floor behind the door and under the sink and the drain clean out cap under the sink was missing which is a health issue, the overflow in the tub was chaulked thick and gunky looked aweful, the room stunk and was dirty..and the shower curtain was not fitting properly so taking a shower floods the bathroom causing it to be slippery....after calling some other places near by and finding out they were booked up we were stuck...needless to say no sleep so we were not able to go as far the next day on our trip home due to being exhausted.....would not recommend to anyone...value terriable due to condition

Room Tip: Don't stay here without checking the room first
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I arrived at Wichita Kansas a few days ago because their was going to be a novelist seminar here at the Wichita Center for the Arts Theater. I chose this hotel to stay at and it was a great choice. The staff was friendly and gave me clear answers to all my questions. The room was also very comfortable. They had a lot of great channels for the TV and it kept me entertained. The restauraunt there was also superb. It had a great deal of selections and the specials were great. I am very glad I chose this hotel and will be returning if there is another event here.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Justin1500
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had a business meeting in Wichita with a computer company. I required a hotel that offered services at a great value, including a great room, and most importantly a conference room for my business meeting. Everything went very smoothly because his hotel offered me a package that was unbelievably cheap. Also the restaurant and bar was amazing! So my business clients and colleagues had a great time due to the care and services this hotel had to offer. If you are on a business trip and require a professional place to stay in, this place is the right choice.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank shawnfranklin78
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Worst hotel ever! I stayed here because of the bar and restaurant and it wasn't open they shouldn't advertise what they can't offer! The staff obviously needed some better training the girls had a hard time checking me in and seemed like they didn't know what they were doing. I don't know how they got the job because they highly lack customer service skills. The room and hallways smelled. Air conditioning didn't work in the hallways! Overall bad management!

• Stayed September 2012