New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita

Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita
Ranked #67 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Dixon, Illinois
“Older hotel but well kept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Spent 2 nights here for a wedding..the hotel is older, but it was clean, clean clean! Staff was extremely courteous and helpful! Having never been in Wichita, KS before, that really helped! Several others in my family stayed there too and we all enjoyed the stay!
The breakfast was really good! Hot buffet with REAL scrambled eggs, not some they had popped in a microwave! Biscuits were fresh as was the gravy! Waffle machines worked great!
Pool was clean and well kept too!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank catstheword

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

One of the 10 WORST hotels I have ever stayed in. Filthy. From the furniture, to the bathroom , stained towels, lousy plumbing, musty smell, terrible beds, 25 yr old tvs. The "fitness center" is the size of my closet. Both cardio machines were broken, and it would have to be sanitized with Clorox for a week before I would even think about using the ancient equipment. Front parking lot is a shambles and can accommodate only a few cars. You can park around back. Good luck finding the door entrance as it is so poorly marked I drove past it twice. Stay away. If I could rate it negative 5 stars I would Horrible.

• Stayed June 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

When checking in, the clerk didn't seem too friendly. I didn't take it personally as she might have been having a bad day. She spent about 5 minutes on the phone checking to see if our room was ready. We got there at 3:20pm, so this should not have been an issue. She then informed us that the bar was closed because of new ownership and then said that they still had breakfast in the morning from 6am to 9am. The bar was a factor in deciding on this hotel, so that was disappointing.
We booked a non-smoking room, but with every other room being smoking I could still smell smoke in the room. There was water damage on the ceiling and the bathroom ceiling tiles were popped up. The sink in the bathroom was clogged. The overall design of the room was nice.
When breakfast time came, I excitedly expected a hot buffet style meal and eagerly awaited my husband's awakening. We arrived at the breakfast area and were disappointed by the selection. Because of new owners there was no hot breakfast and only cereal, coffee, and orange juice. Not even any water.
I went to the front desk and asked the clerk about it and she said it was because of the new owners. Another woman, who worked for the hotel, who was standing on the customer side of the counter decided to butt in and try to defend the hotel. I asked why they don't mention it on their website and the second woman backed off and walked away. The clerk just said, "Sorry, we have new owners." Upon further review, their sign outside said, "Welcome Free Hot Breakfast Buffet" So, we had the added expense of going to IHOP for breakfast.
The rest of the trip was perfect, so having such a bad experience at the hotel puts a damper on the trip.

Room Tip: The highway is one the front side and there is an airport on the back side. We stayed in a back sid...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ganado, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I had never stayed at a Clarion. My son and I were in Wichita for a conference, so I decided to book this motel through Choice.

It is an older property, but it was very nice. The staff was really great and exceeded expectations. The room was clean and well furnished. The breakfast wsa really good. The staff was there to fill our glasses and the food was very good. If I go to Wichita for the same conference next year, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank haynes9
Holden, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Got a king room through priceline, the property looked pretty good on their internet site. I stayed there years ago when it was the Canterbury Inn, since that time its been a part of several different chains. The room was adequate, maybe a little small for the King bed and all the other things they stuffed in it. It was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the free breakfast had numerous selections, cold and hot. The grounds need a keeper, somewhat dirty parking lot and shrubs and grass that are crying for attention. They do have wifi in the rooms, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. I am from a quiet area and it was difficult to tolerate the noise from the expressway that was a stones throw from the front of the property. If I stay there again I will request a room on the back side so I can get a good nights sleep. I am rating them very good because of the room and the staff, if either one was not up to par, I would lower my rating. So if you stay there remember it is a good place in most respects, but is aging and in need of some updates.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by traffic noise, request a room on the back side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank GLM3
Coralville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Motel was exceedingly large with long hallways. Our room was quite a distance from the lobby and hallways had almost a deserted feeling. Parking lot could have been better lighted, especially since we were in Building #4 which was clear in the back. The room itself was fine, bed provided a good night's sleep. Buffet breakfast had lots of options but every "hot" thing we tried was cold so had to nuke it which took away from the taste and quality of the meal. Staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful, however. So, despite some drawbacks, would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank n1nna
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Location wasnt bad along Kellogg but the hotel was very big in terms of long hallways which is fine but it made it feel deserterd during the weekday stay. I bet I walked a half a mile to my room which I did not mind but it was almost spooky. Room and bathroom could have been a little cleaner, found some hairs in bathroom, heavy dust around tv and desk. I would give it another shot when in the area again

• Stayed November 2011