“Frightening”

Days Inn & Suites Wichita East
Ranked #74 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
“Frightening”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked two rokms at this location because it was half way between 2 events we were in town for. We arrived at 10 pm to find that we coukd not get into the lobby and had to check in thru a safety partition from the outside (1st scary moment). We were leary but because we knew hotels would all be booked due to the events we had to stay. Luckily the area was well lit by the large auto dealera and highway nearby. While we were checking in some sketchy individuals were lurking around (2nd scary moment). We got our room keys and hurried to our rooms. The hallways to the rooms unfortunately were wide open and no room key needed to get in (3rd scary moment). When we arrived in our rooms they were fairly clean for what you could expect for the price. We signed a no party policy however that was barely enforced because we got little sleep due to the sketchy individuals running and partying thru the halls and in the courtyard (4th scary moment). Security tried but didnt return so partying continued. Needless to say, no sleep was had for 2 nights. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I agree totally with the review by Courtney J from Australia...shady looking people were wandering all over the property and the hotel was lacking. We had booked for one week, but stayed only one night. We had a dog with us and just did not feel safe when having to take her down the halls and then outside to the back parking lot for her walk. There definitely seemed to be some shady activity going on back there, and there were no security cameras in the back parking lot where they requested you to walk your pet. After checking out and moving our reservation, a Wichitan told us there was trouble there in early March. Sure enough, I googled it and found that a guest had been robbed in their room. Not the kind of place I would ever want to stay in.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wichita hotels

SALINA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The rooms were very nice. Could not believe I got 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen and living room for the price. I will definitely stay here the next time I go to wichita, if I can get the same type suite for the same low price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

missouri Valley, Iowa, USA
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Going off of what the reviews said, we took our chances in booking at this hotel. When we checked in the lobby doors were locked which made me wonder. After talking to the lady at the desk lshawna I believe was her name, I understood why they lock the door. The staff is so amazing and makes you feel right at home. they made me forget the long drive i had just experienced. When we got to our room they had my heater on already which was awsome since it was chilly out that night. My room was 3318 it was so spacious my kids absolutely loved it. This was also the first hotel that I had ever stayed at that actually called my room and asked me if everything was ok. Amazing! I recommend this hotel to any one expecially those who have children, my kids loved this place!

Room Tip: ask if their is a managers special going on, saves you lots and gets you plenty of space!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Margaret River,Western Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My cousin and I spent last summer roadtripping around the US. We booked this hotel using trip advisor reviews. Well maybe we read them wrong because we were shocked to arrive at the hotel address and find this.
After spending a long day driving we arrived at the hotel around 11pm, we noticed a large amount of ( rough looking) guests with their doors open wandering around the motel. We approached the front doors only to find they were locked. The receptionist at the counter told us we must wait while she called security to come and bring us into the reception ( we are both female and in our 20s ?). Anyway we then checked in and were given a room key, all on our own we made our way right round the back of the motel where there were some more shady types were loitering. In fear for our belongings we gutted everything out of our car and hauled it into our room.
Our room was clean at first glance, then I noticed stained and most likely unwashed bathmats and towels. Bed sheets with stains and a window with no lock eep!
I didnt sleep a wink that whole night the hotel was noisy and didnt feel safe for us. We checked out as soon as it hit 7am rejoicing that we survived the night.
I tecommend staying on the other side of the highway which was much nicer and safer.

• Stayed July 2012