“A very pleasant place to stay”

Days Inn & Suites Wichita East
Ranked #74 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
“A very pleasant place to stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The customer service was great and the hotel itself was a relaxing environment to be in! Will deffinately be staying here again when I come back to Wichita

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Garyharley2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We come to Wichita for to visit friends and I must say my family and I love and always enjoy our stay here. The guest service is always wonderful and they always go the extra mile to make our stay the best. We did have a small maintenacne issue with our roo, but once we called to the front desk, they let us know maintenance would be down to our room in 20 minutes. How ever the actually had the maintenance man in our room in less than 5 minutes. Come to our surprise right after our issue was solved we recieved a courtesy call from the manger asking if the maintenace had resolved our issue, we responded yes and recommended a couple restaraunts for us to try. Even though our room was not to updated and needed a little work. I would recomend this hotel all because of their caring staff...

Room Tip: ask for any daily rate special and they also have weekly specials
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tifanny m
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2012

In an attempt to get some cheap shut-eye, we stopped here in the middle of a road trip. We took the smoking rooms that allows pets. Much to my amazement, this dump was $125.00 a night (including a $25 per pet, per night). I was immediately freaked out, just going up to our room. There were thugs and very dodgy folks hanging out in the hallway, smoking, talking loudly. Our 2nd door lock wasn't working either, so thank God my husband carries a firearm.
The room itself was so gross that I began checking for bedbugs (I wished I would have just left right then.) I didn't see anything, so figured "it'll do, i don't want to fall asleep at the wheel and die."
My husband and I got into bed and tried to flip on the tube- the remote didn't work and wasn't even the right one for that brand of tv. As we were laying in bed, I looked over at my husband and saw a bug CRAWLING ON HIS PILLOW, right beside his face. I said, "DONT MOVE!!!!"
within the next few moment's we had done a quick bug search, collected two more in a hotel paper cup,dressed, packed and started hauling things to the car..... through a small sea of reprobates still lingering in the hallway. On a search for bugs, I was mortified by what I found on the mattresses: stains galore, small bits of dried blood and God only knows what else that stuff was. I snapped a few picks of the mattresses before we left, just in case the manager refused to refund our money- based on the bug my husband took down to the front desk.
We had to wait about 20 minutes for the manager to return, but he was pretty grossed out by the bugs,too. He refunded out money and we got the heck out of Wichita, KS. We drove to Salina at high speed, got a nice room in a popular, very clean chain hotel for $100 and proceeded to bag our clothes and scrub ourselves raw.
The bugs turned out to be Carpet Beetles... and a few of them had latched onto our luggage.
My husband and I have since made a Road Trip Rule: Never try to save money on a hotel... bringing bugs home with you isn't worth it.... nor exposure to whatever is on these mattresses!!! In a word: GROSS!!!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Wichita hotels

Houston, TX
Reviewed June 16, 2012

No. Just. No. Or more accurately, hell no!

When we first drove up, we were a little concerned because the place looked dumpy; actually it looked run down and trashy but we were tired after a 10-hour drive and figured it couldn't be THAT bad. We were wrong.

The lobby was fine and the clerk was super sweet, but as we drove around to our room we got more and more worried as the place was seriously disgusting. The first thing we saw on the wall when we opened the door to our room was a huge roach. EW. So you know if one is hanging out in the daylight then they have a HUGE problem. This one didn't even scuttle away; this was his room and he wanted to let us know. Ugh.

So back to the lobby to check right back out. Again the clerk was apologetic and kind but no way in hell was I staying there.

Trip Advisor says this is the best value for the money in Wichita? Really? I think sleeping under an overpass would be cleaner and a better value.

You have been warned.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kimcatus
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed May 22, 2012

i check into this stupid hotel and the stupid short retared clerk ask me which room i was going i wanted smoking or non smoking i said smoke his dumb clerk put me in a smoking room and then the manager tried to charge me 150 for the room which of course i cant book myself but when i ask to speak to the manager i was told no in a rude matter i never been treated with so much disrespect in my life so if your ever in wichita ks i recken not to stay at this hotel this hotel has no class they dont honor there customers this is sad bad for business

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rae b
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Left important card in hotel and staff mailed it to me.

Room Tip: Large comfortable rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ramona, ks
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Arrived early and got checked in immediately with a very helpful front desk. Went to find room to find it still in cleaning which is good sign that it is going to be clean. Have to wait for 20 mintues for the room to be done which is just fine as long as it is clean. Room is fine, bed is fine, heater running ok, got a big fridge for a motel which is running fine too. The only thing which is not too good is the tv whereby cannot change the coloring since it was so dark and so red that it is hard on the eyes, wish they could replace them or made it allowable where customers could adjust the coloring on the screen. Overall pretty satisfactory during this stay and for the price and location, this is good value and good location and I will highly recommanded this place to stay, cleaned and comfortable place with good values, will be back to book this motel again when we have to stay overnight for doctors appointments.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business