Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,135 results
All reviews double tree north tower the executive lounge warm cookies nice hotel parking lot fitness center business trip rooms are clean shuttle service a great place to stay front desk staff nice stay bed was comfortable nice room staff was friendly pilot
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020

I stayed here for one night in December and had an enjoyable time. It was a nice day, so I walked from terminal to hotel. Check in was not a problem and had a room in the north tower which I enjoyed watching aircraft arrive and depart. Room was laid out well and appeared to have some new bedding and carpet. I did have a great meal at the bar with a very personable bar keep ; Pamela who gave me some good suggestions on the menu. This is an upscale restaurant and had many options and the roasted pork shank was outstanding. They also have a very extensive wine list. Very enjoyable. This was followed in the morning by a well laid out breakfast buffet. Very personable staff everywhere. I would recommend and stay here on a return visit.

1  Thank Mullettlk
JayHaratsis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation to other travelers. It is appreciated.

I will share your comments with the entire staff this morning at our meetings.

We hope to see you soon!

Jay Harartsis

Reviewed December 27, 2019

I regularly stay here when I first arrive in Wichita after a long journey from the UK. On this visit I ate in the bar which had been re-fitted since my last trip. Much better that before, brighter and more modern. A reasonable selection of bar food and I choose the pizza / flat bread which was delicious washed down with a nice beer.

Room tip: Never had a bad one
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am happy to hear you found the property to your liking and that our new restaurant and lounge area was si appealing for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future!

Jay Haratsis

Reviewed December 12, 2019

Only stay here because the company has a group rate with breakfast included and out of the breakfasts that are offered in this direct area that's the only one thing the doubletree has above the rest. Outside of that, the rooms are pretty filthy, dirty carpet, no exhaust fan in restrooms, mold in shower areas

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Debbie K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We take hotel cleanliness very seriously I am sorry that your experience did not reflect this. Please know that we will use your feedback as a training tool to prevent any reoccurrences. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed December 10, 2019

Check in was indifferent as the woman on duty had a conversation to finish with a colleague, no apology, no greeting and no cookie ! The room was fine and comfortable however the coffee machine had not been cleaned out. There was noise from adjoining room throughout the night and the room alarm clock woke us up at 5 am (we had not set it) after many attempts to shut it off, we couldn't get back to sleep.
The excellent location was the best part of our stay and the restaurant food and service was very good, although it is rather over priced.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Debbie K, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on our property during your stay. We aim to make your stay a memorable one at every turn, unfortunately we obviously fell short in your check in experience, there is no excuse for unfriendly service, and for this I sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience that you experienced. We love both positive and negative comments our guests provide us with, and let me assure you that all will be used to enable us to train the staff as we move forward in making memorable experiences for our guests in the future.
Thank you for your feedback and again, I apologize for your unfortunate experience.

Reviewed December 8, 2019

This property needs helpw ith reorganizaiton. Staff at the front desk are unable to answer quesions. Our mattress was so thinit felt like sleeping on springs. The pillows were small and flat. They could not get the red blinking light tuned off even when we did not have a message.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
JayHaratsis, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2019

Thank you for telling me of your visit.

I apologize that our Guest Service team was unable to answer questions for you or find someone that could provide answers. All pillows are being replaced in mid-2020 but we will remove those that were in your room today. Some mattresses will also be replaced in 2020 - I will highlight your room for an update.

I do hope that you will visit with us again.

Jay Haratsis