“KOIGA”

DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Hotel was very clean and served its purpose well. The room service was great and the food I ate in their restaurant was very good. The location was very good because it was within walking distance of the airport.

1  Thank James C

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Room was sparkling clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff members were helpful and attentive. Food was very high quality. Yes, we were offered a warm chocolate chip cookie at check in. The shuttle to the airport was prompt. Would recommend for anyone staying near the Wichita airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was a nice clean proprty near the Wichita airport. It was a little noisy, from airport noise, but certainly as convenient as possible. When the new terminal is completed it would be quicker to walk than to take the shuttle which runs at your convenience.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

So I review this from the point of view of someone who works and uses a lot of technology. For a pure hotel stay it was pleasant. Nice spacious rooms, nice comfortable beds, great restaurant. Extremely convenient location. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for anyone who simply wants a place to lay their head and eat some good food.

However, I was there for a business meeting and many of the attendees complained of poor wifi. Signal cutting out, and quite simply slow speeds. During peak times the speed and latency would just drop. I believe they are due for a wifi refresh, and I would highly recommend they do it soon. It hindered my ability to do business greatly. I ended up having to purchase an AT&T access point so that I could get wifi that worked for a small office. (I also needed all my devices to connect, which Stayconnected seems unable/unwilling to do).

Lastly, the gym was not great. I didn't like the selection of machines. Although, I suppose, a brand that offers a cookie at check in, isn't likely to have the best fitness room.

I would rate this hotel 2.5. I don't want to give it a 2, because in the end, its a good hotel. Just very very poor wifi imo. Wifi was free.. and it was worth every penny. I hate free wifi in hotels, its usually a good indicator of not enough money being thrown at what is relatively expensive infrastructure.

Room Tip: The connecting rooms are loud, as with most hotels. Loved the curtains since they actually darkened...
1  Thank Marjk
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel is the most convenient to the airport. We had a 6am flight so decided to stay in Wichita the night before. This was the best option and a great experience. The staff was professional and the hotel was clean and inviting. There was a lot going on at the hotel but our room was quiet and restful.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay We upgraded to a suite and we are so glad we did. The room was fabulous !! The staff was so nice and always had a smile on their face. Everything was so nice , the room, the staff , the meeting rooms and the food We will be back when we are back to Wichita. We had a great experience and we appreciated all the kindness

Reviewed August 18, 2014

nice facility - nice rooms - had some plumbing issues in my room - tried to inform clerk as I checked out and she wasn't interested. she interrupted me in mid sentence and handed me my receipt - the end. thought that was rathering disappointing but not all employees care. overall though - good place to stay