“Convenient Conference Location/Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here late October, 2013 and attended a conference. Rooms were typical 2 bed, desk, TV and chair. Bathroom did seem slightly more bigger than usual, not so cramped/cluttered. Restaurant/Bar in lobby, served better than average buffet for lunch. Service and staff were hospitable. Conference/Ball rooms were nice atmosphere for the conference. Most restaurants within 10 minute drive.

Only downfall is that this is across the street from the Wichita Airport. And I don't mean the typical mile or two away across the street. You can almost see the pilots in the cockpits of planes at the gates. You hear a lot of plane noise if you have trouble sleeping with noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great location. Directly across from the airport. Staff was pleasant and the room was very comfortable and very clean. Even thought at the airport, it was surprisingly quiet. One drawback was the lack of the avaiability of a very early breakfast delivery to the room. It does not start until 7 am. This could be a problem for those with early flights.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels over the years on business trips, I have stayed in other hotels in the Wichita area, the double tree, is my number 1 choice in Wichita, the shuttle service provided means I do not need a car. The staff and facilitied are excellent, the Legends restaurant is everything I need for dinner and breakfast. I would prefer the option of breakfast in Legends rather than the aviators club.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Staff is friendly & helpful. Shuttle to the Airport is a plus. You can have a wonderful evening without leaving the hotel. Legends restaurant is wonderful. We always stay at the Double tree when we have to fly out early in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013

What impressed me the most about my stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Wichita, were the many positive comments made by staff about managers. I met the general manager, Michael Phipps, and was impressed because he was behind the scenes with so many aspects of the event in which I was involved. The banquet team, front desk, housekeepers, bar and restaurant staff and shuttle drivers were equally personable and efficient. All of them, when I complimented them on their work, referred to the high standards set by Mr. Phipps and by their own direct managers, and what a pleasure it was to work with Mr. Phipps. Those kind of comments are rare and go a long way toward explaining why everything was done right. This will be my place to stay in Wichita, from now on.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I travel all over for work and a I have stayed in some pretty tired hotels - some of them have been DoubeTree's. But I;ve got to share that this DoubleTree was drastically different. My room (upgraded to a suite) was recently tastefully remodeled and very clean. The shower was killer and had three separate water systems. I couldn't believe how nice this room was and I can absolutely say that I would stay at this property again! (and again...)

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a suite if possible...
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel should not operate under the name DoubleTree because it does not meet the standards or expectations I have been familiar with in my many stays at various DoubleTree Hotels thoughout the USA. I stayed on the Concierge level because I am a Diamond Member but my room was not a suite which I fully expected it to be and I did not even have a microwave to warm my leftovers from lunch for dinner so I had to make other arrangements to eat. The furniture and carpeting is old, worn and dated. I pick DoubleTree strictly for the suites and hallway atrium setup. This hotel was clearly not built as a DoubleTree initially and I was extremely disappointed in my stay and would have chosen a different hotel to stay at that night.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sheri D, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

I regret to hear we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Previously a Hilton for 30+ years and now as a DoubleTree by Hilton, we strive to make each guest experience at our hotel a great one and your satisfaction is important to us. Upholding Hilton Worldwide standards is something we take very seriously and have won several recent awards regarding those standards.
Although our rooms do not have microwaves, the executive level lounge is equipped with a microwave for guests to use.
Thank you for your comments and I hope you’ll give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future trip to Wichita.