“outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
Big Rapids, Michigan
“outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed her for one night and could not have been more pleased. Front desk service was friendly and efficient. Room was very nice in all respects and very clean. Everything in the room worked. We did not use the pool or exercise facility. Of course the cookies rock! If you're flying this hotel is perfect. It's an easy walk to the terminal, took us four and a half minutes although the hotel does have a shuttle and offered us a ride at 4:30 in the morning. Would have taken it had it been raining. If I'm ever in Wichita again I will make it a point to stay here. First rate in all respects.

Room Tip: We were in the North tower and it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank montebr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while traveling on business. It is basically just down the street from the tiny Wichita airport, so very convenient when arriving late at night. It was also in a good location for my stops in Andover, Derby and Wichita. I had a room in the North Tower and although you can access by walking through the building there is a separate entrance around the back (Entrance C) so you can park right by the door. Only problem with this entrance is that it is not lit at night, so I felt a little uneasy while stumbling to find the key card insert to open the door. If I arrive in the evening next time, I might park out by the lobby and walk through the building.

They gave me a warm cookie upon check-in, which was a nice touch & acknowledged that they had my HiltonHonors number on file.

My stay did not include breakfast, but I tried the buffet my first morning. It's kind of overpriced, unless you plan to eat a lot. The eggs didn't taste real, so I wasn't able to eat them, but everything else I tried was good. My second morning I did not eat breakfast at the hotel.

The room was nice, although faced a concrete wall. It had an adjoining room, which I'm always worried about safety when you don't know the people next to you. But, it was fine. I could hear people talking in the halls and the person next to me had their TV on, what seemed like, all night.

I also used the Business Center to print some documents and check in for my flight, which was convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sheri D, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. New exterior canopies were just recently installed and lighting will be installed by the end of June. Your comments regarding breakfast will be shared with staff responsible.
Garden City, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I arrived in Wichita at the newly named and renovated Doubletree. I had often stayed here when it was the Hilton, and was excited about the suites with "jacuzzi tubs" advertised on the hotel's website. Assuming they all had jetted tubs, I reserved a junior suite but upgraded with Hilton Honors points to a regular suite.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that the suite I reserved didn't have a jacuzzi tub! I mentioned my upgrade, but that had apparently been lost (although the points WERE deducted from my account for the stay when I checked later.) I was told there were no jacuzzi suites available, so I changed hotels. Since it sounded like there were several kinds of suites, I asked which to reserve online in the future to get the jacuzzi tub. The receptionist said it was the "deluxe" suite.

On my next trip I reserved the deluxe suite at full price, still excited about the newly renovated rooms with jetted tubs. Guess what I got? A nicely renovated room with NO bathtub!! And I reserved the room they told me to, at full price (over 300 per night.) When I asked why I had reserved the deluxe suite and not gotten a jacuzzi, they said there was a big track meet in town. Right, all track kids and coaches reserve premium suites with romantic jacuzzis for their school activities!!! I am disappointed, confused, and have given up on the Doubletree. Apparently, you can reserve what you want but they will give you whatever they have. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't care what kind of room you get, or whether or not you have a bathtub, you should be...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sheri D, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your posting regarding your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport. In response to your posting, we would like to apologize for the confusion regarding your requested accommodation. Unfortunately, we have just gone through the transition from one brand to another and in doing so, we neglected some room type categories which created the problem you incurred. Equally, adding some new desk agents less versed on the requested room type left you without the amenity you requested. We have made the appropriate changes so that future guests will not have this same experience. Also, we have sent you a separate response directly and hope to see you back with us on future trips to Wichita!
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is now a Doubletree, and from what I can see, The shuttle service is very responsive. The only thing that has changed besdies the name are the great Doubltree cookies you get at check in. (a big bonus for those of you who are Doubletree cookie fans)

The rooms are clean and spacious. The executive lounge, Avitors Club, and dinning rooms are all wonderful, great food in all 3. All the staff from the shuttle driver, the people at check in and the lounge attendants are wonderful and friendly. I know I'll be back in this area again, and I know I'll stay here again.

Just one word of caution to those of you who like to work out. The exercise room has a very central location on the first floor. People at all hours of the day (yes, even at 4:30 AM) have to walk by the exercise room. Although parts of the glass are frosted, its not very private, its not difficult to see inside while walking by. To make the whole experience even a bit more intimidating, people sitting at the pool have a clear, unfrosted front row, seat to the people in the exercise room. The next time, I'll be sure to bring my "sunday best" of exercise wear. If I'm going to be on display, might as well try and look good too : )

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was anxious about staying at this hotel with the name change to Doubletree by Hilton instead of the Hilton. I have stayed at the Hilton many times and found it to be consistently good. This time was no different. The staff seemed to be the same, and the concierge lounge was great as usual! Of course I enjoyed the warm cookie that is part of the Doubletree brand.

I think if you like this hotel before, you will definitely like it now!

The only think I don't like about this hotel is the workout facility. You seem to be on display since it is a glass room right in the middle of the conference rooms. Maybe this could be renovated to make guests feel better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room relatively near an elevator if this is your first stay. I sometimes feel like I'...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AtlantaVacationGirl
TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Second time to this hotel, but first time since it changed to Doubletree. Still a Hilton. Executive floor and lounge are still here. Rooms on this floor are all redone, and updated. Nice airport hotel for business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was here on business, and this was the hotel my company uses. I had picked up a car at the airport, but really you can walk to this hotel from the terminal and did this when I was leaving the hotel.

Check-in was smooth and the service was warm and hospitable. The layout if the hotel is a bit confusing and I was directed to the elevators for the South Tower, but was closer o the ones in the North Tower. Nit a big deal.

I was on the Executive Floor, and the breakfast and evening food was fine. Service was great.

It is an older hotel,but the room smelt so clean when I walked in. No in room safe, but complimentary water and coffee making facilities. Bed was comfortable.

Separate shampoo and conditioner, and really nice shower area, clean, step in and nice water pressure.

Bed was comfortable.

WiFi reliable.

Legends restaurant was fine for drinks and appetizers.

Bell desk was helpful for directions.

Smallish pool, and okay gym.

Would return again.

Next time would get a car in the morning and return in the evening as do not need it to get to and from the hotel.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room #556, which was on the top floor, king size bed. Good room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business