Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
$78
$72
Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita Airport(Wichita)(Great Value!)
$63
Hotels.com
$150
$133
Doubletree.com
$99
Hotels.com
$59
Comfort Suites Wichita(Wichita)(Great Value!)
$85
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport(Wichita)(Great Value!)
Best Western Governors Inn & Suites(Wichita)(Great Value!)
$76
$140
$136
Orbitz.com
All reviewshot dogsarkansas riverthe outdoor hot tubbaked potatomodern conveniencesparking garagecentury iihistoric propertybreakfast and happy hourconvention centerexploration placeevening foodfree breakfastthe river walkcocktail hourlight dinnerold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

been to broadview for meals and jazz before. place always looked quite dated.

stayed at drury-Wonderful!! full huge free breakfast! free wifi! free hot food/drinks at happy hour! rooms are renovated and clean. good service. easy location to get to all in wichita. will be back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Four older gals from Wisconsin stayed here. The Drury experience is always a good one but this hotel was the cleanest and most comfortable I've stayed in. My only complaint was the slippery floor around the pool. We came in from the outdoor hot-tub and I fell although I was being careful. I would suggest some type of mat or rougher surface. One of our party commented on the security, we felt completely safe. The staff was very accomodating and extremely friendly. Will definitely stay if I'm ever in the area again. Missed out on the evening 'happy hour' but the breakfast buffet was definitely 'the best'. Thinking of joining the Drury Rewards Club.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I stayed at this property this past weekend. We had traveled to Wichita to see a performance of The Lion King, and this hotel was literally across the street from the performance venue. It was ideal... we were able to utilize the hotel parking garage and walk just a few feet to the show, while other were scrambling for parking at the event's parking lot. (I overheard the lady next to me state that she had to walk 3/4 of a mile from where she could park). I also realized that the cast of the show all were staying at this hotel, as well. Smart!

The hotel itself has a lot of history. However, it was recently rennovated and now has a nice mixture of modern conveniences and finishes, while holding onto some of the incredible architecture (especially the amazingly detailed ceilings). We took advantage of the evening reception that night where we enjoyed a hot dogs, chilli, baked potatoes, nachos, popcorn and beverages - all as a part of our stay. Very nice. That place was hopping! It was a college game night and some of the other patrons were already in a celebratory mood and had obviously been drinking already, so the area did get very, very loud. However, the staff was amazing and were quick to visit with us, help us, and clear our tables.

We were lucky enough to get a suite up on the 8th floor. Our room opened up into a living space with a full kitchenette and bathroom. Then there was a staircase that led to a bedroom loft. Our teen used the sleeper sofa on the main level, and my hubby and I enjoyed the loft "master bedroom suite". The furnishings and decor were lovely. There was a huge tub in the master bath. Our teen declared that the pillows were the best she'd ever slept on. The only drawback to this set up was that while we had visual privacy in the loft, any noise any of us made could be heard throughout the room. So while our teen thought she'd be able to watch tv after we went to bed, the sound and light from the screen were as if it was also in our room.

The next morning, we again took advantage of the complimentary breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and all sorts of cereals and breads. The same staff who worked the night before were working again that morning and remembered us. The chef made our teen a very sweet "Mickey Mouse" style pancake which was a big hit!

After breakfast, we walked around the property which was beautifully landscaped and took some fun photos. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank breoni
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here with 4 pals for a "girls" weekend. The friendliest staff i have experienced in a long time. Wonderful old historic property that has been renovated to perfection! The breakfast and kick back food were excellent and saved us on food bills. Located right near the river walk. Great for weekend getaway.

Room Tip: We arrived a little early, our room was not ready and they upgraded us to a suite for no extra charge!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I used to be a Broadview regular, and was a little skeptical about staying since they new ownership and remodel took place. I was planning an anniversary weekend and wanted some place special. I usually stay at the Marriot on the East Side, but took a chance with an old favorite just for location and sentimental reasons.
I booked over the phone and got a king suite. It was pricey, but it was a special occasion so I thought "why not"? When we arrived to check in, we were upgraded at no additional cost and put in a King Suite on the top floor with a great view overlooking what used to be a river. The room was great! It had a loft bedroom, sitting area, kitchen area and two baths. It was more than I was expecting and very romantic due to the loft bedroom. The room was soooooo very quiet, even in the morning when you expect to hear people coming and going and doors slamming and elevator traffic. We actually slept in until 10a.m. and were undisturbed.
The Broadview remodel is great. Drury owns it now and it appears they took great effort to keep the classic nature of the old hotel and especially the beautiful lobby. The hotel is clean and convenient, and well worth the price we paid. I love the Broadview. I might not stay there every time I'm in Wichita, but I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: Obviously something away from the elevators. . .
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple